Hutch retires.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Bo Shembechler once called her the best coach at UofM. He was talking to Lloyd Carr when he said it.

Fought a Big Ten University over Title IX and won. First WCWS east of the Mississippi. Most wins by a college coach. Can go on and on. Michigan is left in good hands. But she will be missed.

Detroit sports talk radio is actually talking about Softball today. And it’s nice to hear, she is a fabulous coach.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
Surprised that there has been zero discussion about this here. No doubt she has left an indelible mark on the game. She is certainly not without her detractors (nobody who does something this long ever escapes those), but the impact she has had on generations of UofM softballers is unquestioned.

Dec 11, 2010
Timing is interesting for sure, might have been designed for the handover of the program to Bonnie Tholl.

Corresponds directly with beginning of fall practices which might actually be a good time to hand things over.

There is a lot of talk about a lack of recruits/players staying at Michigan. Maybe that Hutch left before the beginning of the season because the team won’t be competitive etc. I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in that tbh.

Aug 7, 2018
I took my daughter to a camp at Michigan in 2019. It was hands down the best college camp she EVER WENT TO. she actually learned great things that made her a better player. And it was small groups ... not a money maker camp. Hutch walked around the room and talked and chatted to all the parents. It was pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802