HS Ball: Valid Excuses for Missing Games/Practices

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
My 2 oldest were boys. In the 7 years that they played school sports, I cannot remember a boy missing practice or a game, for a reason other than a parent or sibling died. Weddings were not acceptable, at all. If you were sick, it better be sick enough to be at the doctor.

So, I expected the same commitment from my DD. Hair, nails, dress were not a good excuse to miss an activity that she signed up for.

Also, with my sons, injured kids were still at practice and ineligible boys were still there, working on their homework. (I didn't agree with the last one, but that is what was required.)

Apr 1, 2010
Any scholastic event that the student will receive a grade for, such as band or orchestra.

Yes!!! I'm dreading this coming up again. The orchestra students have to be in the Orchestra room by 6:30 pm on a concert night. Softball games start at 4 pm. Her odds are good if it's a home game, but if it's an away....

We got lucky this last fall with a rainout of an away game. I don't usually pray for rain outs, but this was an exception. :)

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
Yes!!! I'm dreading this coming up again. The orchestra students have to be in the Orchestra room by 6:30 pm on a concert night. Softball games start at 4 pm. Her odds are good if it's a home game, but if it's an away....

We got lucky this last fall with a rainout of an away game. I don't usually pray for rain outs, but this was an exception. :)

We had a game scheduled on a band concert night, but I got the AD to reschedule. We'd have had to forfeit otherwise.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
The League DD's HS team plays in spans 3 districts and one Catholic school, needless to say they did not synchronize their academic calendars for the benefit of softball, so there are league games scheduled during Spring Break every year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore