HR Records

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 18, 2017
My daughter hit her 9th and 10th homers of the season today in just 18 games. This has included a streak of 6 consecutive games, which is tied for the 4th longest streak in Ohio high school history, a 7th inning walk-off, a grand slam, and with the 10th homer, a new school record. Couldn't be more proud, and there's still some season and tournament left to go.

Now if this only got her more D2+ college looks...

Apr 18, 2017
It will get looks if you email it to the coaches. They ain't coming here looking for prospects. Keep swingin'!!!
I didn't mean to imply posting here would help in any way. She's been emailing coaches, and she has a website where she keeps updated videos schedules, etc. She has had good response from D3, but it's been lukewarm from D2 so far.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I didn't mean to imply posting here would help in any way. She's been emailing coaches, and she has a website where she keeps updated videos schedules, etc. She has had good response from D3, but it's been lukewarm from D2 so far.
I just checked out your DD's website. Great job! The thing that caught my eye immediately is her ACT score. I think your problem is that your kiddo is super smart, the D2's typically don't go after the high academic kids. A 32 ACT score is pretty damn good that will warrant attention from the high academic schools. I am not familiar with the D2 schools that you are targeting, but the ones around Texas are pretty strong with kids coming from strong TB organizations that play in competitive showcases and Nationals. If D2 is a good fit academically, Is she playing on a strong enough TB team? Does the team have a history of helping kids get recruited? Something to think about. Another event to think about if it is still happening, is Headfirst Honor Roll Camp. Some of those schools are D1's that might be a good fit too. Some of those programs recruit from strong TB org around the country and locally. You have to do what it takes to get in front of these coaches. Good luck and keep us updated.

https://www.headfirsthonorroll.com/...case-camps/headfirst-softball-showcase-camps/

Oct 4, 2018
That's awesome, congrats.

And don't take this the wrong way, but she's not even finishing her swing. Wow.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
With a 32 ACT that should open up a lot of schools. It's hard finding a fit for athletes both academically and athletically. Best of luck.

Apr 18, 2017
And don't take this the wrong way, but she's not even finishing her swing. Wow.
It's funny you should say that, and I definitely don't take it the wrong way. Her swing/follow through has been a discussion on this site since 2018. Here is the link to the thread 4 pages long discussing it. Consensus either fell somewhere between the fact that she wasn't decelerating prior to contact even though she doesn't have a full follow-through or it at least isn't hurting her. The last home run in the video that lands by the tree at our home field is a legit 250'.

Oct 4, 2018
It's funny you should say that, and I definitely don't take it the wrong way. Her swing/follow through has been a discussion on this site since 2018. Here is the link to the thread 4 pages long discussing it. Consensus either fell somewhere between the fact that she wasn't decelerating prior to contact even though she doesn't have a full follow-through or it at least isn't hurting her. The last home run in the video that lands by the tree at our home field is a legit 250'.

Haha, that is funny. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28