How to score this play on Game Changer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Well, heck. Just spoke w/ a guy who has worked as a scorekeeper for college teams, and his view makes me totally wrong:

Anytime a batted ball hits a runner before passing an infielder, the runner is out, the batter is credited with a hit, the batter is put on 1B, and all runners return to the base they had at the time of the pitch, unless forced to advance.

That just seems insane. Hit your runner, get a guaranteed hit.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
That just seems insane. Hit your runner, get a guaranteed hit.

@Crabby_Bob posted rules on the previous post that indicates that my trusted source's interpretation apparently was wrong and that I was right in my initial post, that it would be a fielder's choice. I don't know who to trust anymore, including myself. :)

Oct 4, 2018
@Crabby_Bob posted rules on the previous post that indicates that my trusted source's interpretation apparently was wrong and that I was right in my initial post, that it would be a fielder's choice. I don't know who to trust anymore, including myself. :)

I hear ya.

Like I've said often, I just score it based on how much I like the kid and their parents. Mostly the parents.

Sep 7, 2020
GameChanger customer service finally replied about this scenario - they say to make the runner out on interference before putting the ball into play, then crediting the batter with a hit to ss.

They didn’t reply to my question about updating the app to allow you to score this all in one play.

Sep 7, 2020
Ask them how to score this with two outs.
Here is their reply regarding scoring with two outs:

So this one is a bit trickier. You'll want to record it as a fielders choice with the instructions below.

The proper way to score this would be as follows.

1.) Ball in Play
2.) Ground Ball
3.) Fielders Choice
4.) Choose players involved in the play
5.) You will be presented with an option for the runner advancing to home (back, safe or out) please choose back)
6.) You will then be presented with other options on the runner at 2B and 3B which you would choose for the proper player.

Now if you felt that the ball would have been a base hit without the runner interference you would want to edit the box scores after the fact. For more information on editing the box scores please review the link below.

May 16, 2016
Here is their reply regarding scoring with two outs:

So this one is a bit trickier. You'll want to record it as a fielders choice with the instructions below.

The proper way to score this would be as follows.

1.) Ball in Play
2.) Ground Ball
3.) Fielders Choice
4.) Choose players involved in the play
5.) You will be presented with an option for the runner advancing to home (back, safe or out) please choose back)
6.) You will then be presented with other options on the runner at 2B and 3B which you would choose for the proper player.

Now if you felt that the ball would have been a base hit without the runner interference you would want to edit the box scores after the fact. For more information on editing the box scores please review the link below.
So, the shorter answer is.... "you can't score it correctly with two outs on game changer."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802