How to score this play on Game Changer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2020
How do you score this on Game Changer? When the batter hits the ball, I can only choose hit, error (on defense), or fielders choice. When I put the ball in play with one of those choices, I then have to mark each runner as out or safe- can’t mark a runner out on interference at this point. I can only mark the runner out on interference when advancing her on a steal and marking her out by interference.
Scenario:
Bases loaded
Batter hits grounder to shortstop
Runner on 2nd either runs intro he SS or gets hit with the ball (have had both happen in this scenario)
Runner on 2nd is out on interference.
So- what does the batter get credited with? Do I put the ball into play first for the batter? What are the step by steps for scoring this play? Or can you really not score it correctly?

Sep 7, 2020
base runner hit was a batted ball is scored a hit for the batter.
Ok- so then how do I score it? I put the ball in play - ground ball single to ss- then the next step is to mark the runner on 3rd as safe or out. Is that the runner that would be out (runner on 2nd going to 3rd is who got hit) - and if so do I just mark her out at home? Other option is violation due to a runner leaving early.
Perhaps I can’t score it with the runner getting hit and just score it as a hit for the batter and then the runner just plain out?

Sep 7, 2020
batter gets a hit. and runner is out (other) and check the options. been awhile since I ran game changer.
The runner that got hit with the ball and/or interfered with the SS is out? Or the runner going from 3rd to home is out? There is no option for runner interference one then ball is in play. I can only do runner interference if I I make the runner out as if she were picked off.
I believe in both instances (runner on 2nd hit with batted ball and runner on 2nd ran into the SS) - I believe in both cases the ump called it with the runner on third headed home is out (no run scored).

Oct 14, 2020
Isn't the runner from 3rd able to score unless the interference causes the fielder to not be able to make the play? (EDIT: No.)

1. Put ball in play, ground ball.
2. Score the hit, showing it was hit to SS
3. Select whether the runner from 3rd scored.
4. Select the runner on 3rd, sliding down to show she was out.
5. Options include (Android) "Offensive interference"

You're not "advancing her on a steal" - GC makes that runner advance because it was a hit by the batter.

The problem I have is GC making you choose whether the runner from 3rd to home is safe or out before doing the rest. If the interference is the last out of the inning there isn't an accurate way to score the play on that program.

Jun 20, 2015
The runner that got hit with the ball and/or interfered with the SS is out? Or the runner going from 3rd to home is out? There is no option for runner interference one then ball is in play. I can only do runner interference if I I make the runner out as if she were picked off.
I believe in both instances (runner on 2nd hit with batted ball and runner on 2nd ran into the SS) - I believe in both cases the ump called it with the runner on third headed home is out (no run scored).
Well, runner that gets hit with a batted ball and whom runs into a fielder actively making a play on the ball are both OUT. dead ball and all runners go back. So the runner at 3b, goes back to 3b, not out. And I could be wrong, but don't think so.

again been awhile since I ran game changer, but I think when you put ball in play with a hit, you then have options at each base for players safe or out, or back to 3b

Sep 7, 2020
Isn't the runner from 3rd able to score unless the interference causes the fielder to not be able to make the play? (EDIT: No.)

1. Put ball in play, ground ball.
2. Score the hit, showing it was hit to SS
3. Select whether the runner from 3rd scored.
4. Select the runner on 3rd, sliding down to show she was out.
5. Options include (Android) "Offensive interference"

You're not "advancing her on a steal" - GC makes that runner advance because it was a hit by the batter.

The problem I have is GC making you choose whether the runner from 3rd to home is safe or out before doing the rest. If the interference is the last out of the inning there isn't an accurate way to score the play on that program.
LOL so confusing. This was back in the Spring and I saw a post today about a runner getting hit with the ball so that made me think to ask. If I remember correctly, for one of them - the runner on 2nd plowed into the SS, therefore SS couldn't make a play. Ump called the interference and no one scored- so he called the runner on third out - at the time we summed it up to the fact that SS would have thrown home to get the runner out on a fielders choice. At that time I didn't realize the batter gets a hit, so I think it was scored as a FC with the runner on third out at home. Then it happened again later in the season and it was pretty much the exact same situation, except runner on 2nd got hit with the ball.

You're right- GC makes you mark the runner out on interference before the ball is hit, which is where I get confused because I can't technically score it correctly. It wasn't the last out, but still no way to score it the way it happened.

Thanks for the advice!

Sep 7, 2020
Well, runner that gets hit with a batted ball and whom runs into a fielder actively making a play on the ball are both OUT. dead ball and all runners go back. So the runner at 3b, goes back to 3b, not out. And I could be wrong, but don't think so.

again been awhile since I ran game changer, but I think when you put ball in play with a hit, you then have options at each base for players safe or out, or back to 3b
That's what I thought, but I am pretty sure the Ump called the runner at third out, at the time we assumed because the play otherwise would have been a FC, with SS throwing home to make the out at the plate. So that's how it was scored due to GC's limitations. I guess other than not giving the batter a hit and marking the runner on 2nd out, keeping the runner at 3rd, and advancing the runner at 1st to 2nd, it technically gives the game the same outcome of no run scored. Just messes with the stats for the opposing team which isn't a big deal to our team, but I guess it also messes with the stats of our pitcher- allowing a hit vs a fielders choice vs an interference. Confusing.

Thanks for the advice though!

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Bases loaded
Batter hits grounder to shortstop
Runner on 2nd either runs intro he SS or gets hit with the ball (have had both happen in this scenario)
Runner on 2nd is out on interference.
So- what does the batter get credited with? Do I put the ball into play first for the batter? What are the step by steps for scoring this play? Or can you really not score it correctly?

Ball in play. Shortstop is credited with an unassisted putout on a fielder's choice.

That's assuming that you've judged that the shortstop would've gotten an out somewhere had the interference not occurred. If the shortstop didn't have a clear play on the ball, then it can be ruled a hit, but still an unassisted putout by the shortstop (or nearest fielder to the interference).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28