how to help create a really good pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Wow pitching is complicated..if it gets to 100 then 101 should be
101 Be a member of Mensa…(which is funny since the best pitcher I ever played with couldn’t spell Mensa if you gave him 10 tries..)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019
Wow pitching is complicated..if it gets to 100 then 101 should be
101 Be a member of Mensa…(which is funny since the best pitcher I ever played with couldn’t spell Mensa if you gave him 10 tries..)
I was going to say:
#34 - Wash, rinse, repeat...

Not sure of many pursuits of excellence that can be narrowed down to a finite, or at least manageable, list.

Always look to learn, always look to improve.

May 10, 2021
1. Get a good pitching coach.
2. Consistently practice or pitch at least 3 times each week over a period of years.
3. Get on a TB team where she *pitches* about 40% to 60% of the games.
4. Don't take any credit when she wins. Don't make excuses when she loses.
Well i might have waited too long but I have a 14U DD. ..8th grade for 2022.

1. Check- 25 years experience PC- has DIV1 thru 10 year olds. Finally got a regular weekly spot with him.
2. 3 times per week check- only for 1 year though
3. Yep travel team this fall uses 2 pitchers ......1 is DD- not that great of a team but tons of innings.
4. Try to give the preparation the credit......was I efficient today? SO/BB ratio.

We will see how it goes....hope my late bloomer will be a monster ? It sure is fun. I am enjoying the ride.

Jul 31, 2015
Starting late 14s/early 16s, get yourself into a gym for the majority of the days in a week.
Practice pitching as much as your schedule allows.
Game reps. Game reps. --> go where you are loved, where you can get game reps.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Well i might have waited too long but I have a 14U DD. ..8th grade for 2022.

1. Check- 25 years experience PC- has DIV1 thru 10 year olds. Finally got a regular weekly spot with him.
2. 3 times per week check- only for 1 year though
3. Yep travel team this fall uses 2 pitchers ......1 is DD- not that great of a team but tons of innings.
4. Try to give the preparation the credit......was I efficient today? SO/BB ratio.

We will see how it goes....hope my late bloomer will be a monster ? It sure is fun. I am enjoying the ride.
Consistent practice is really the key. Work on location, location, location. Find different ways to make it challenging and fun.

My DD pitcher for a mediocre TB team until she was 16YOA. She pitched a lot. Even though she lost a lot of games, she never complained once (seriously...not once) about the poor fielding. She ended up a D1 pitcher, so it worked out OK for her.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee