That game when

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
During the Fall lower division teams are playing against D1 teams all the time. DD first collegiate hit was vs D1 team. Banged the ball off the fence for a double. Not UCLA but the pitcher had a W vs OSU the previous year. Mid major Sunbelt conference. Lots of lower divisions that are WAY nicer than many D1's. In fact All the HS fields DD's played on are better than many D1's. Kind of disappointing.

Feb 24, 2022
Lucklily, we haven't really been in a position where we weren't conpetitive in quite a few years. But, at 10u we were playing on our town travel team and the only tournament we played was our annual USSSA home town tourney. This tournament draws a lot of big time teams from our area and there were 26 or so 10u teams. They took the top 10 for a gold bracket after pool play and we finished 10th (good news/bad news), so we had to play the #1 seed - who was a powerhouse club team.

Walking up to the field we saw a parent we know from another team who said, "No offense, but you guys have no shot." Well....they were right. It was the first time we ever saw a girl throwing upper 40's, and we got run ruled 10-0. We got 2 hits, both by my daughter. She also stole a base, and made 3 or 4 really good plays in the infield. After the game their coach asked our coach if my daughter would want to guest with them at the state championships the following week because they had a few girls that were going to be missing. We ended up not doing it, but it was still a proud David vs Goliath moment.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
There are a lot of edited posts here. 🤫

There was this time when my dd ... and then she ... and that was ...

Then again, ...

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
That time I lost my mind after 5 back to back games on Sunday. I'm on the bucket calling pitches and it seemed that we could not get the calls and we are playing a stacked 14U Bomber National team. Our Pitcher throws the pitch and the batter offers a bunt and misses. Ump calls ball. I wait a beat for the ump to signal ball/strikes. 1 ball no strikes. Blue!!!! She cleary offered. I blast off the bucket like a mad man and the veins in my neck are bulging. I am so confused and crazy. Can you get help from from your partner please? Ok. verdict. ball. What!!! I went coo coo for a minute, sat back down and pouted like a baby. That was closest to being tossed. I am usually pretty chill. I was not chill but I hit my breaking point and was fighting my girls. Whatever. I was stupid. We lost. Got 3rd and went home. I am sure I am the only one who remembers that tourney even happend.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2