How many TB teams has/did your DD play for?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DD2 played rec league while on her 10U team just to get more pitching time. She was an 03 on a 01 10U team and was the 5th pitcher. It helped her progress a lot.

Mar 6, 2016
You lost me at 6U select team. :)

Lol... Nah at 6u there is not a Select thats for sure in our league. 6u is basically tee ball like in baseball. Select starts in 8u. But there are actually some leagues out here in Southern Calif. that actually have 6u All Star teams. I never understood how you can have one for 6u.

6u was tee ball and 8u was Coach pitch if the pitcher threw 4 balls the coach came in to throw to hitter to get the game going. The biggest stress for us was having to pitch when our hitter had 2 strikes. 😵 Felt like an rear if I struck out my own players.

Nov 8, 2020
Live in So Cal
Kids in 10th grade.
In 6.5 years she has played for 4 organizations. Because of her December birthday though she has played on multiple teams within those organizations

Jun 16, 2010
Teams....or organizations?

1 org.

14U, 16U, 18G

Could not imagine playing for anyone else.

Makes me very sad to think her coaches wont be around by time I have a granddaughter play. Org. will probably be gone with them.

They still keep up with all the girls years later on facebook, all thru their college careers, etc. Hundreds of girls.

Almost makes me want to start coaching and carry on their legacy....ive watched enough practices....i could run a practice in my sleep.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018
First team: 3 years rec ball, first year 10u through first year 12U
Second team: 3 years TB, second year 12u through second year 14u (and staying)

May 4, 2016
8u Rec ball one summer

10u moved up from 8u early but still just rec ball.

12u 2-moved to 12u that fall and to tb team folded at the end of the fall. Joined new team for summer.

14u 3-former 12u team moved up that fall. DD had a Tommy John injury and was unable to play the remaining of the fall and was kicked off the team. Said she was then quitting softball. A couple of months later I joked if she wanted to play rec ball and she said sure. Hated it!! Found a great tb team that fall. Had a great fall and summer with them but decided to move since she entered hs in the fall and wanted to face better pitching.

16u 2-played a summer and 2 falls with one team left after it became apparent they didn’t want to move in competition and in the last game of the fall coach and two players were ejected in an embarrassing display. New team is playing at a higher level with practice/conditioning 7 hours a week. It is also coachEd by her former hittin/catching instructor, who was also a D1 head coach. She loves this team so far especially the hard work and for the first time playing for female coaches.

Apr 9, 2020
high school senior 2 travel teams 12-14u then national team by her choice to better herself 16u until......... hardest decision she has ever made leaving her friends on initial team,, but in end all worked out after few bumps..best of luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802