How important is the bat actually?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
There have been a couple of mothers on the team saying they want to try the echo connect. Never seen one in west Texas or New Mexico used by younger or older girls. If Marucci that good at baseball bats shocked they don’t have a bigger piece of the softball market.
Thats been my problem with them the whole time...They are all about baseball. Which is completely fine, they do well
there. But if you're not going 100% , then dont go.
Just because you're good at baseball, doesnt mean you are going to capture softball market on "name". Softball requires
work to get a piece of the market. You have to bust your butt as a manufacturer to earn every percentage market piece you get.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
✔️ manufacturing processes are not always exact.

Even with the same exact bats comparing to each other! That is why
I was commenting about the same exact bat. Same exact bat weight length *everything description.
?
I wasnt reading a ton into it...I just meant that 2 identical bats may not weigh the same. I didnt read that you weighed each one, my bad for "scanning"...haha.
Hitting is a lot mental too. If a hitter thinks one bat is better, it is :D

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
I wasnt reading a ton into it...I just meant that 2 identical bats may not weigh the same. I didnt read that you weighed each one, my bad for "scanning"...haha.
Hitting is a lot mental too. If a hitter thinks one bat is better, it is :D
No worries! Think it's a really good point to be made and okay to be discussed clearly!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
At some point it might be important. (I don’t know when that is my dd stopped playing at 21) But as a player is developing the name brand on the bat isn’t as important as the size and balance. My dd used team bats for her entire career. I bought her 1 decent bat and she went back to team bats. I saw her switch bats mid game. As in a different bat for each at bat to make a point to someone on her team. The smartest thing bat companies did was invent back packs with 2 bat slots. So everyone could see how many bats you carry. And instantly that number had to be 2.

Jun 29, 2023
At some point it might be important. (I don’t know when that is my dd stopped playing at 21) But as a player is developing the name brand on the bat isn’t as important as the size and balance. My dd used team bats for her entire career. I bought her 1 decent bat and she went back to team bats. I saw her switch bats mid game. As in a different bat for each at bat to make a point to someone on her team. The smartest thing bat companies did was invent back packs with 2 bat slots. So everyone could see how many bats you carry. And instantly that number had to be 2.
I think the only reason my daughter carries 2 bats is to hold a pair of cleats.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Genius marketing! As Gomez Adams would say, "capital idea".

Oct 23, 2022
At 8u the best bats are the purple ones.
You be surprised the amount of money parents spend on bats at 8U. Last year DD 2 first travel 8U season she had a Easton Stealth a $100 composite bat. Her coach quickly told me to upgrade and after she used her teammate Prism she was hooked. Bought the Prism and could tell that the ball travelled farther on sweat spot hits. This season her coach made her used the Ghost Advanced and the ball seemed to travel farther on sweat spot hits compared to the Prism.

Mar 29, 2023
You be surprised the amount of money parents spend on bats at 8U. Last year DD 2 first travel 8U season she had a Easton Stealth a $100 composite bat. Her coach quickly told me to upgrade and after she used her teammate Prism she was hooked. Bought the Prism and could tell that the ball travelled farther on sweat spot hits. This season her coach made her used the Ghost Advanced and the ball seemed to travel farther on sweat spot hits compared to the Prism.
(y) If you're spending half your weekend during half the year to watch your kid hit, the extra money to make it go a few yards further is well worth it, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashtraythief