HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You stated yesterday when I asked what is the weight distribution once a player is fyb. You stated 60/40, 50/50 etc. , but once they get there then the shift is over and complete then the contraction of the core happens.

How did they "shift" to 60/40? Was it something different before they shift to 60/40? 60/40 or even 50/50 is a common weight distribution during stances etc. Granted some start upright, open etc. So for example a player starts 60/40, do they shift to say 50/50 or would they try to maintain 60/40 by simply picking up and putting down so that they don't shift their weight across their pelvis?

Clem, its allowing balanced movements within the planes of motion that dictate 60/40, 50/50 etc.. I know if one attempts to allow the s-plane movements to be in control and allowing the frontal-plane to be the result its nearly impossible to compromise the rear leg/hip relationship.

sHYTOLT.gif

Oct 2, 2017
This could be true with "swing is the shift" due to the shift being the slowest part of any movement pattern.
There are tons of pro's who have stated the same, how is that something strictly constrained to a certain movement pattern. I even shared 2 videos on a younger pro and a older pro stating the same thing. There are countless others.

Oct 2, 2017
Clem, its allowing balanced movements within the planes of motion that dictate 60/40, 50/50 etc.. I know if one attempts to allow the s-plane movements to be in control and allowing the frontal-plane to be the result its nearly impossible to compromise the rear leg/hip relationship.

sHYTOLT.gif
I don't really have a problem with this. But for most hitter they are controlling their "S-Plane" movements on 1 leg.

Edit: In the demo of Albert. He picks foot up and put it back down, didn't shift across nothing. He started basically 60/40 picked up and put down. When he picked up he didn't control "S-plane" movement on 2 legs but on 1. Of course along with stretching the core etc. to aid that control.

To me its no different than asking someone especially young kids to stand on 1 leg. Most are very wobbly until they gain balance in all planes of motion.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
There are tons of pro's who have stated the same, how is that something strictly constrained to a certain movement pattern. I even shared 2 videos on a younger pro and a older pro stating the same thing. There are countless others.

Yea, its all relative pitch location..

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I don't really have a problem with this. But for most hitter they are controlling their "S-Plane" movements on 1 leg.

Edit: In the demo of Albert. He picks foot up and put it back down, didn't shift across nothing. He started basically 60/40 picked up and put down. When he picked up he didn't control "S-plane" movement on 2 legs but on 1. Of course along with stretching the core etc. to aid that control.

To me its no different than asking someone especially young kids to stand on 1 leg. Most are very wobbly until they gain balance in all planes of motion.

Yea, the point is focus on the movement as a whole and not the mechanics of using the rear leg.

The results of those movements should put you in the fyb launch position without compromising the rear leg/hip relationship.

k4xI3PF.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K