Hitting just under the ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
" MLB hitters do it both ways. So, it makes no difference. " (coil as they go, or start already coiled)
please show some evidence of that. I think it happens during the move out. The later the better.
There are many, but here are a couple I found in a couple of minutes.

Renteria (look through laflippin's catcher view videos, you'll see a few)
2021-0705-coilin1.JPG

Some guy named Ruth, I couldn't find much about him.
2021-0705-coilin2.JPG

Jul 30, 2014
Thanks, everyone.

So I get the sense that it looks like he’s losing some or all of his coil prior to launch which is affecting his ability to barrel up on the ball? (I obviously like using the stressors of game video versus tee or batting practice)

That tilt/launch move as Teacherman does it isn’t as easy to execute for my kid.

We’ll get to work. I really do appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
" MLB hitters do it both ways. So, it makes no difference. " (coil as they go, or start already coiled)

There are many, but here are a couple I found in a couple of minutes.

Renteria (look through laflippin's catcher view videos, you'll see a few)
View attachment 22852

Some guy named Ruth, I couldn't find much about him.
View attachment 22853

renteria looks like he strode already. Ruth looks closed at stance not coiled. Hard to tell w a still pic. Not saying they don’t coil, just when the action happens.

May 16, 2019
Thanks, everyone.

So I get the sense that it looks like he’s losing some or all of his coil prior to launch which is affecting his ability to barrel up on the ball? (I obviously like using the stressors of game video versus tee or batting practice)

That tilt/launch move as Teacherman does it isn’t as easy to execute for my kid.

We’ll get to work. I really do appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Break it down in to small steps. This is a two step process, learning this swing and learning how to hit with this swing. You learn this swing from dry swings and tee swings. You test it on front toss and then live hitting. Video and reassess his progress. Do yourself a favor and stop comparing your sons swing to a pro ball player or to one that's not using the HLP way. AJ is Richards most successful and famous student, he's not the poster child on how to perfectly execute the pattern. I'm sure he gets it right and other times he's a bit off. Some of that is due to the pitchers throwing his timing or pitch location off.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019
renteria looks like he strode already. Ruth looks closed at stance not coiled. Hard to tell w a still pic. Not saying they don’t coil, just when the action happens.

Pot stirring at it's best....... preset coil or FBC .... just be sure to coil and hold it in to leg snap...... need a bigger pot my friend

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28