Hitting grounders

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Interestingly enough they are using different drills (that "low" self-toss drill, top hand drill, SNF, wall drill, scissor drill, etc) pushed by various different "gurus" who seemingly cannot stand each other's theories 🤣..and before you say it @efastball, we know your opinion on most hitting drills..;)

I wonder if they are tailored to the player or if all the kids do the same drills..

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
which pvc fence drill are you speaking of? Got a visual?
4D63EBC1-B3A9-4615-92CD-70780220CD72.jpegThese dealios…. I tried to post the vids I stole from a couple of the gurus but the only way I could do it was with an iCloud link which was sucky in several ways….

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Interestingly enough they are using different drills (that "low" self-toss drill, top hand drill, SNF, wall drill, scissor drill, etc) pushed by various different "gurus" who seemingly cannot stand each other's theories 🤣..and before you say it @efastball, we know your opinion on most hitting drills..;)

I wonder if they are tailored to the player or if all the kids do the same drills..
I have this question too.

Nov 15, 2019
Daughter had similar issue. Swing looked fine , turned out she was just getting through the zone on a negative angle not positive. Didn’t want to over complicate it for her so simply found where her swing was finishing and asked her try to finish her swing slightly higher and bang started having positive angle through hitting zone and grounders turned into line drives.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478