High strike.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Dude. I posted her HR from her last AB before starting college, reposted it in the thread about GA durability as a sarcastic answer and this one. Get over yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So that’s a no..got it.

May 16, 2016
It's touching the line at armpit at back of plate... Most umpires not calling that... but by the ASA rule... if it touches the line at armpit over any part of plate, STRIKE!

This is a hard lesson... slow pitching... batter moves to front of box... or in this case, out of box... but the plate and strike zone do not move, so, balls drop into the zone behind them. My kids learned this the hard way in rec ball...

1632943913934.png

Attachments

• 1632943839201.png
    1632943839201.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 20
Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Good lord. I’m not complaining about the umpire or the calls. It was only a friendly and like I mentioned at the start we outmatched this team by a lot. I just found it funny that DD swung at and hit a ball at her chin.

Umpire side note… He must have been very green and still learning. There was a line drive down 3B line 2’ foul. 3B still dove and touched it. He called fair ball because “she touched it while she was in fair territory” was his explanation to HC.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
I mean, yeah, of course that's high. But to be fair, it's not as bad as the initial still (look how far up in the box she is...arguably out of the box). So by the time the pitch crosses the plate, it's still high (just below the back shoulder) but not as bad as where the pitch appears before it reaches her.
I realize she has a wide stance, but do you think her front foot is 4 feet past the middle of the plate?

Jun 8, 2016
I realize she has a wide stance, but do you think her front foot is 4 feet past the middle of the plate?
If her front foot is on the batter’s box line it should be if the batter’s box is the correct dimension 🤷🏽‍♂️

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Not that it matters but the boxes were not lined correctly. That’s why the front line is missing. They were basically little league baseball sized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802