High strike.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
The umpire from yesterday’s friendlies was calling this a strike. It was not a big deal. We should not have been playing these teams as we outmatched them by a lot. But of course it’s frustrating to a hitter.
354c31844980223a2a1cf676c174a596.jpg

So in the next AB my DD being mildly frustrated did this.

It was pretty funny.

Here’s video of one of the calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2015
that's just painfully bad to call those strikes. BUT if he/she was at least consistent throughout the game for both sides.... that's a small benefit.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
I mean, yeah, of course that's high. But to be fair, it's not as bad as the initial still (look how far up in the box she is...arguably out of the box). So by the time the pitch crosses the plate, it's still high (just below the back shoulder) but not as bad as where the pitch appears before it reaches her.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
I mean, yeah, of course that's high. But to be fair, it's not as bad as the initial still (look how far up in the box she is...arguably out of the box). So by the time the pitch crosses the plate, it's still high (just below the back shoulder) but not as bad as where the pitch appears before it reaches her.

Watch the video of the pitch. It was very high. Catcher reached way up to catch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom