HEY CATCHERS whats happening, general update discussion.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
How about some general discussions where is everyone on our journeys.

Stories, team updates, pop times :)

Me
This past June 2 catching students graduated on to college.
Going to a D1 in Mississippi worked with for 3 years.
& D1 in Ca. Who started working with her when she was 10! Amazing!
Currently have dedicated students who aspire to develop which is a joy to share softball with. Also
~This season looking to get back to coaching, specifically defensive training/strategy for travel ball team!!!
*contact with opportunity or interest :)

How about you Catcher's?!

Jun 8, 2016
My DD's MS team has about 4 kids that can catch a ball thrown at them, which apparently doesn't include a kid who has her own catcher's gear and apparently "catches" wherever she plays, so now my kid is going to catch at least half the innings so they can lose 17-1 instead of 20-1 even though she has never caught an inning in her life.... That is my update.. :cautious:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
My DD's MS team has about 4 kids that can catch a ball thrown at them, which apparently doesn't include a kid who has her own catcher's gear and apparently "catches" wherever she plays, so now my kid is going to catch at least half the innings so they can lose 17-1 instead of 20-1 even though she has never caught an inning in her life.... That is my update.. :cautious:
Geeez did you pick that team? Lol...
Seriously not much options in your town?

i'm glad your daughter will step up and catch 👍🎉

Jun 8, 2016
Geeez did you pick that team? Lol...
Seriously not much options in your town?
I mean..it is her Middle School 🤷‍♂️ I didn't really want her to play tbh but she wanted to so..Norman school softball stinks which is quite funny since the town houses one of the best college programs in the country.

On the other hand her future HS has really good girl's basketball..

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I mean..it is her Middle School 🤷‍♂️ I didn't really want her to play tbh but she wanted to so..Norman school softball stinks which is quite funny since the town houses one of the best college programs in the country.
🙋i did see the MS but no brain function.

Well she's doing a good thing...
Just try your best to tolerate it ;)

Jun 8, 2016
🙋i did see the MS but no brain function.

Well she's doing a good thing...
Just try your best to tolerate it ;)
Yeah..another incident which shows that she is a better person than me because if somebody had told me to catch I would have told them to take their catcher's mitt and shove it where the sun doesn't shine..

Oct 14, 2020
Tryouts are today - barring some new kid riding into town, my daughter will be the primary catcher for the "A" 10U team. We have a problem in that there's quite a drop off in ability and experience behind her so we'll be working on a serviceable backup.

Apr 25, 2019
DD moved from a national organization to a similar national organization with a National tag. Now that she is a second year 14u, there is just no way she can keep up with a schedule of playing multiple 7 inning games and catching 80% of the innings. So we moved to a team that has a very good catcher and we would be doing a 50/50 game for game split.

As for some of the measureables, she has a current pop time of 1.90 as measured by the 5 Tool Data Days in College Station. Also, she has an overhand velocity of 61 that she hit during the Bombers Combine at the Colorado Sparkler. We still have work to do but she is getting there.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yesterday, Maddie asked me when her team's first practice of the fall season is. She was disappointed that it's not until Sept 1. She's bored. That said, her left knee needs this break. She was pushing through some discomfort for a couple of months at the end of summer.

We expect everyone that didn't move on to college to be returning for the fall season. However, we desperately need to pick up a quality SS to fill the hole left by one of those older girls. We have some good ballplayers, but none of them really have the skills at SS to be effective at the level we need.

May 4, 2016
DD caught 70% of the innings this past summer. Just had high school tryouts, stuck on JV for now as a catcher a grade younger is a "nationally ranked" player and the other catcher is a senior and all seniors make Varsity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12