Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Ok< after further review, I am going with WW on this one. Posture (butt stay against the wall feeling) must be fixed first. Losing posture and casting are first cousins. So lets talk about how. I like my tee way out side and practicing hitting ball in air to RF. But lets add this to it.

this set up and drill is kinda counter productive. Just get the hips over the ankles and spine to match the shins during the forward move. That should get the legs activated. If there is no negative action you gotta push from the legs to swing.. Whether down or back, gotta have a negative action. Always keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
W=W

Extension isn’t the goal at contact, it happens as a timing mechanism.

Try to extend at contact. Try to time contact perfectly, it can’t be done well.

You will continue guessing until you swing the bat.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
JLl2010

This is a perfect example of what I said. I will break it down for you, not WW because he is blind and will be until he swings.

giphy.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
W=W

stop trying to twist things. We all know you want TTB. It’s not what the best do. They throw the barrel. They whip the barrel. You’re the last TTB guy on here. Stop feeding this nonsense to the new guys. You’re hurting their kids. Isn’t that enough for you to stop?!

Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
W=W

the goal is to release the barrel into the ball. Extension happens at the rear arm and wrist in good swings. You’re blind! Just like mike is showing you! Wake up!

1634691230576.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Ww

I know, I know your belief system would completely break down if you swing a bat and followed the Hanson principle on videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802