Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
It doesn’t look as severe on that swing/angle but she still hikes up that front hip more than normal it seems.
I think it’s the angle. The belt buckle points down so getting the front hip higher is pretty hard to do. Don’t use the ground to measure from. Use her forward bend. When the back gets behind her it is higher than the front.

Jun 8, 2016
I think it’s the angle. The belt buckle points down so getting the front hip higher is pretty hard to do. Don’t use the ground to measure from. Use her forward bend. When the back gets behind her it is higher than the front.
I still don’t see it..I’ll look again after I have some coffee 😂

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I see Pujols’ front hip down as he moves out, Arozarema is flatter and your DD’s front hip is a bit higher than back 🤷🏽‍♂️ I am getting new glasses on Monday so I will look again then 😉

maybe imitate it. Stay in forward bend and load. Measure the hip height relative to the spine not each hip or the ground.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Like the video a few pages ago said, without getting the hip behind you w good posture, the sequence won’t be as good. The pelvis won’t create the speed to it’s potential bc of poor grf, and usually that means a compensation.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Great example of the rotation breaks being applied during the hips extension.

WcmfZbT.gif

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah I get that..that concept is said 20 different ways by 30 different gurus..
P, I think maybe the break down is the way WW is saying "the front hip"is lower. That's confusing. He should be simply saying the entire pelvis is tilted or angled and the front side towards the plate is lower than the back. Does that help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28