Helmets that work with sunglasses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 28, 2020
My 11 y/o is pretty new to catching (< 1 year) and is using a Wilson helmet (C1K maybe?). For the first time since starting catching, she was staring directly into the sun in our last tourney game. The helmet has pads right at the temples, so she can't wear sunglasses with it. Which helmets do you guys know of that allow sunglasses to be worn underneath? My only other option is to carve out some padding, but the team provided the gear and I don't want to do that if I don't have to. Thanks!

May 6, 2015
DDs Schutt airmax lets her wear sports sunglasses without an issue. She actually wears them in pretty much all conditions, contact wearer, and she needs to keep the dust out of her eyes.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
My Diamond iX5 helmet did pretty well as far as allowing me to wear sunglasses under my helmet. Our school is now moving into Mizuno equipment and is buying the team everything we need. So I'm going to be trying my new Oakley's under it when I get back to school just to see how everything works.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Worked with DD yesterday and she was wearing sunglasses with the All Star helmet supplied by the College this past year. Never had a real problem with various Easton helmets she's used in the past either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23