Hello from Indiana

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2023
My daughter plays travel 14u and middle school softball. She is a pitcher and also a power hitter. I am an assistant coach for the travel team. I came across this site while looking for new bat options for her. I am looking at the 2023 Rawlings Mantra 2.0. Does anyone have any knowledge or advise before I move forward with the purchase of this bat? From what I've read, it seems pretty hot and a lot of comparison to the Ghost.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
My daughter plays travel 14u and middle school softball. She is a pitcher and also a power hitter. I am an assistant coach for the travel team. I came across this site while looking for new bat options for her. I am looking at the 2023 Rawlings Mantra 2.0. Does anyone have any knowledge or advise before I move forward with the purchase of this bat? From what I've read, it seems pretty hot and a lot of comparison to the Ghost.
Welcome to the site. Lots of great info on here about almost everything softball.

As far as the Mantra, not much help for you there, neither of my daughters swing one - one swings ghost and one Demarini. Curious about where in Indiana. My DDs are 14u and 10U, we are on the southside of Indy

Feb 7, 2023
Welcome to the site. Lots of great info on here about almost everything softball.

As far as the Mantra, not much help for you there, neither of my daughters swing one - one swings ghost and one Demarini. Curious about where in Indiana. My DDs are 14u and 10U, we are on the southside of Indy
We are north of Indy in Anderson

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Aug 5, 2022
Welcome…lots of good softball being played in Indiana. Can’t help you with the bat info though sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Welcome. Go to the equipment forum. I am sure the bat has been discussed. 2023 sure looks a lot nicer, imo.

Feb 16, 2023
Fishers, IN
Hello, one man’s experiences / opinions! 11u power hitter DD has gone through Xeno > Quatro Pro > Meta > Echo > Mantra 2 over the years. I was always happy with the Xeno, she’s recently started to pick it back up and is asking for another. It’s a tank, think I’ll be getting a 32/23 soon 🙃! Honestly, I’ve had no real complaints for any of them and she’s hit all well. The Meta was great but we’re on a warranty replacement that also has the inner barrel rattle (I assume) issue that seems prominent. Doesn’t seem to impact much but is annoying. The Echo is a great, light swinging bat that seems super durable. She can crush it, but mishits make her weary of it.

The Mantra 2! It’s been a love/hate. We were both disappointed with it to start. As you’ve probably heard / seen it’s supposed to be great. It is, but it takes a long break-in; it’s not hot right out of the wrapper. We went through the normal break-in cycle but still not much. I was frustrated with it, so I just started pounding balls to her in the outfield. After a while, it worked! She now likes it, but doesn’t love it like her Xeno/Meta. It’s stiff, feels a little more end-loaded than others, and has a different (more solid / vibratory) feel. We’ll see how it does over time but seems very durable and a good one. It seems the more break-in needed, the more long-term durability (i.e. Ghosts as a comparison).

Apologies for all the details! Bats, gloves, and any $ spent are big decisions. At the end of the day, I’m starting to think most higher end bats are all fairly similar, performance wise. It really comes down to DD’s preference, comfort, and skill. If they think it’s good, it will be! The Carmel Dicks and Roundtrippers have a good selection of demos. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802