Heel Click

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2015
You mean like this...
PossibleDistantLamprey-max-1mb.gif

Nov 18, 2015
If you don’t plant the heel, how do you swing?

I’ve always viewed heel plant as the start of the swing. Never seen anyone (above the age of 8) swing on just the toes of their front foot.

Wouldn’t that be like teaching someone how to blink? I’ve stressed to players the importance of getting the heel down, but I also don’t think it should be a specific teach with its own terminology (“click”).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2017
Actually talking with a former minor league player yesterday and he said that he landed on his toe in launch and then almost slam his ankle down and towards the catcher. I never asked him anything about heel plant.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
If you don’t plant the heel, how do you swing?

I’ve always viewed heel plant as the start of the swing. Never seen anyone (above the age of 8) swing on just the toes of their front foot.

Wouldn’t that be like teaching someone how to blink? I’ve stressed to players the importance of getting the heel down, but I also don’t think it should be a specific teach with its own terminology (“click”).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Starting the swing well before heel plant is generally armsy. Loss of leverage. Not good. I know somebody will post video of a great hitter starting swing before heel plant but I can see it as a teach for most.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101