Heat affects all

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
Just about the only good thing about the GA heat is you do acclimate to it a bit. Not that it's not potentially dangerous by any means, but I think they do get a little bit more of a tolerance for the heat from practicing in it all the time. It is so miserable though. It's looking nice for this weekend thank goodness. Last weekend was absolutely miserable.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Last Sunday was high 90's with high humidity and no wind to speak of. Our 3:15 start time game was miserable to be just sitting doing nothing, let alone playing a game. This weekend is suppose to be a little cooler.

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
Just about the only good thing about the GA heat is you do acclimate to it a bit. Not that it's not potentially dangerous by any means, but I think they do get a little bit more of a tolerance for the heat from practicing in it all the time. It is so miserable though. It's looking nice for this weekend thank goodness. Last weekend was absolutely miserable.

We may need to put on long-sleeves this morning - only 72 and breezy! :) Yes, last weekend was brutal. Very thankful it is about 15 degrees cooler this weekend! :cool:

May 7, 2008
Tucson
All Star teams, here are practicing from 9 - noon. The temp. It is already 95.

I cancelled all lessons. This is the worst heat in 40 years. I am heeding the warnings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13