Hate 3rd base

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I played 3B for about 5 game my Jr. year in HS and wasn't a fan. Of course it was after I tore my ACL and before I had surgery so I had my leg taped all the way up to my groin so I am sure that didn't help.. :p

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Best player I watched in person was at 3rd. SS did not matter, she shut down the entire left side of the field. Boy she was good. Still do like it though.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Ohhh geeeez just back up. :)

No bunting/slap/hit or base stealing in that.
I used to play SS against a couple of the monsters here in my area that competed in those HR derbies in places like the Astrodome, these are big boys who hit softballs out of MLB stadiums, scary hard hit balls! This was before these guys got famous, got big bat sponsors, and went on those HR tours!

I‘d play 30 or 40 feet in the grass in short field, might as well have been an outfielder! In the rare case they didn’t hit the ball 200’ over the fence, or there was a HR limit which resulted in an out, and they‘d hit a ball to me........you could throw them out at 1B before before they hardly left the box!

No way on God‘s big blue ball would I ever pitch to those guys, that’s a death wish! And playing 3B at that level, those guys would break bones in a fielders glove hand!

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
It's the beer league version of a game for kids and/or athletes. You can get the out from LF.

Lol...no. Believe it or not, there's something more than "beer league". I'm not even that fast, and you won't get me from deep 3B unless you field it cleanly. You won't get anyone from "LF" unless they fall down.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802