Hands working down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Honestly, the only thing she’s trying to adjust is getting her right hip through and not let her hands go down by her belly button on a belt high pitch. She’s now completely disconnected and pushy with her hands.
Think about that adjustment instruction for a sec. Her original swing was somewhat similar to the latest one. Now she is being asked to get the rear hip through and not take her hands to the belly button. It's forcing her to compensate more extreme in posture to still be able to the barrel to the ball, because her hands are stuck because she isn't trying to take the hands to her bb Imo.

Apr 12, 2020
Turning the hips to power the swing is not correct? Correct? At least that’s what I’ve been reading on this site.

Apr 11, 2015
These are fine...
JlOuo2N.png
ZOOvnuT.png

These are not....
7i1TsG6.png
A9Z2qiK.png

(Her bat/barrel positioning was actually better initially, but her arms/elbows are incorrect in both)

Have her stay taller to the ball as she moves out "forward while" keeping her hands "back" to her loaded/launch position...
r6LiPnW.png

Once she gets to a better launch position to actually swing from, use whatever cue(s) you will to get her to think about replicating this bat/barrel path...
F2pPIK5.jpg

...getting the barrel "behind and through" the ball.

Apr 12, 2020
Maybe a “reach” with the front leg is causing some issues. The head seems to go backward during her load. I think. Shouldn’t the head stay stacked?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
These are fine...
JlOuo2N.png
ZOOvnuT.png

These are not....
7i1TsG6.png
A9Z2qiK.png

(Her bat/barrel positioning was actually better initially, but her arms/elbows are incorrect in both)

Have her stay taller to the ball as she moves out "forward while" keeping her hands "back" to her loaded/launch position...
r6LiPnW.png

Once she gets to a better launch position to actually swing from, use whatever cue(s) you will to get her to think about replicating this bat/barrel path...
F2pPIK5.jpg

...getting the barrel "behind and through" the ball.

Mudders

In the pics you can really see the leaning back.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Turning the hips to power the swing is not correct? Correct? At least that’s what I’ve been reading on this site.

yes. It causes early extension. Loss of posture. The hips are used to stretch the middle and extend thereafter prior to launch of the bat which happens after the shoulder structure has finished launching. They together propel the arms/hands/bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802