Haley’s HLP lesson with Richard

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
That is what is meant to be short to and long through. The short is the HPP and acceleration down back, the long through is the result.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
The ability to snap the barrel instantly takes time and lots of reps but if your eyes are getting in the way . You might want to try dry swings with the eyes closed. Here is a drill with Haley swinging with the eyes closed. To me it looked like a more sudden turning of the barrel but she didn’t feel any different. The work continues….

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I put another clip together showing our workout and focus on staying stretched and launching from that stretched position behind the rear leg and hip. If your going to do all that work to stretch and launch from the rear leg/hip why would you give it up by using your arms to push the hands forward or down?

I’m posting to hopefully help, I’m not saying her swing is perfect or I have all the answer.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Here’s a video of Haley her freshman year. One of the things we wanted to help with was keeping the barrel in the zone longer. Her bat made a quick left turn. The main cause is the hip turning and not allowing the leg to snap.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee