Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Slo-pitch never appealed to me. Played a couple times but it's kind of boring hitting and running and running and running no thanks. Prefer a challenge hitting and pick offs!!!
Slowpitch is def a hitters game...and your defense better be able to handle hot shots all day long. Not many lazy balls hit in good slowpitch.
Now usssa, pitchers can do A LOT more and games tend to be a little more defensive and less offensive....but all in all, still a hitters game.

But when you come from baseball or fastpitch, you either like it or dont. I have had baseball guys love playing it, and guys who just
never really enjoyed it and dont keep playing.

Feb 24, 2021
Every year we play in a Slow pitch wooden bat only fundraiser, it's funny seeing how mediocre some of these guys are once you take the juiced bat out of the picture lol. We have a girl on our team that played College ball and she comes back to town every year just to play.

Dec 11, 2010
Ordered three Tovala Smart Ovens and a short term meal plan for each daughter (one at school) and my wife and I.

They are running a pretty good Black Friday deal on them.

They don't only cook the companies meals but you can also scan the barcode of grocery store frozen meals and veggies and bake/steam etc whatever you want to throw in it.

I did three meals per week, if that's three meals that we don't graze junkfood I will be a lot better off.

I actually really like to cook but with only my wife and I at home, and with her eating a lot of healthy food I don't like, my roasts, pork chops, chicken an noodles and massive pots of chili go to waste.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'm currently sitting out in the deer blind while typing this. But wondering if any of you guys have had your rifle deer season, yet? If so, did you get any deer? I'm sitting here, freezing with my trusty .223 which my brother laughs at as a serious deer rifle even though I dropped a buck already.

Jul 5, 2016
I'm currently sitting out in the deer blind while typing this. But wondering if any of you guys have had your rifle deer season, yet? If so, did you get any deer? I'm sitting here, freezing with my trusty .223 which my brother laughs at as a serious deer rifle even though I dropped a buck already.

Going off topic... .223 is a bit light for deer, but if you only take good shots with the right type of ammunition it's fine.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Going off topic... .223 is a bit light for deer, but if you only take good shots with the right type of ammunition it's fine.
I've been using mostly high grain FMJ rounds in it. I also take all heart shots. My dad uses a .270 and my brother uses a .308 which I think is a little overkill. Maybe I'm wrong on that account, tho.

Jul 5, 2016
Boys always think larger caliber is better. I think .270 is a good option if you have some longer shots - probably better than .308.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Boys always think larger caliber is better. I think .270 is a good option if you have some longer shots - probably better than .308.
My dad has always loved his .270. That's what he's always used for deer hunting since he was first able to hunt at 12. My brother has been using a .308 since he was like 16 or 17. I've always been partial to a .223 round but have used a .243 round with much success.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Was just talking to an old softball dad / buddy of mine last night, he said both of his DD's took a deer each this past weekend. He said both of his girls use a .270 bolt action rifle. He loves that round!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802