Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
I was 13 and saw Pete Rose get his 44th consecutive hit off of Phil Niekro in Atlanta, that 44th hit was the last of that streak!

I saw Pete Rose's streak end that next night! I was pulling against Pete. I was a Braves fan, and that's how my mind worked at the time. In retrospect, I wish he'd kept it going.

Dec 11, 2010
For you non hop-head lightweights, I had a great one tonight. Big Wave Golden Ale from Kona Brewing Company!

Super clean, crisp, refreshing, with a little hop note, a great Summer brew that I’ll buy again!
Liquid Aloha!

Hoisted a few of those on Oahu and Maui. Love Hawaii, if I was a giganto lotto winner I’d have place there somewhere.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Anyone here just take a few minutes and pick out some older pages to read in this thread? Obviously Nimrod just did, there’s some really cool stuff in this thread!

And @Nimrod, Mr. Rose belongs in the HOF, period!

Dec 11, 2010
We actually saw Woody Harrelson and his wife on the Road to Hana.

I was white knuckling trying to not run into the vertical rock wall and allow a Tesla to pass coming at me without running him over the cliff. My dd threw a hang loose to the Tesla and says “Hey the old guy in Hunger Games was in that Tesla….”

When we figured out who she was talking about I said HEY! He’s not old!” Turns out he is and so am I…..

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Anyone here just take a few minutes and pick out some older pages to read in this thread? Obviously Nimrod just did, there’s some really cool stuff in this thread!

And @Nimrod, Mr. Rose belongs in the HOF, period!

I wasn't smart enough to see how old the thread was. :) And yes, I'd vote Pete in. Loved watching him play in my youth in the '70s.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Had an ALL expenses paid trip to Diverticulitis-ville last night, decided to spend the night at Carolinas Medical Center and be a pin cushion for a ton of interns!

Anyone here ever had a bout with Diverticulitis, or have dealt with it for a while?

It’s some bad stuff, if you think you have a high tolerance for pain, this will change your mind!

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Had an ALL expenses paid trip to Diverticulitis-ville last night, decided to spend the night at Carolinas Medical Center and be a pin cushion for a ton of interns!

Anyone here ever had a bout with Diverticulitis, or have dealt with it for a while?

It’s some bad stuff, if you think you have a high tolerance for pain, this will change your mind!

Never heard of it. Had to look it up on Google. Oof - That doesn't sound fun at all. Hope all is better (or getting better) now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802