Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2021
Hey Black17, what kind of motorcycles do you collect? Street/dirt? Particular to one specific brand?

I have a bit of everything. I grew up working in a Honda shop, so I'm drawn to them mostly. I don't have anything super special or collectible.

Honda CRF250F
Mildly custom Honda 919
Suzuki DR650 in supermoto config at the moment
Yamaha Roadstar Warrior that I have been customizing slowly over the past 15 years.

How about you?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Shes a beauty! I like it. Did that come kitted Campy or did you build it? A full Campy set is hard to find, even on the Internet!

Basically my other posts are equal parts mutual interest and being bashed for my collections of random things that I enjoy. I also collect Jeeps, motorcycles, bows (archery, not hair), and softball bats. I was single in my late 30s making good $. Expensive hobbies are better than a drug habit so,...

I'm not a hoarder though! I give a lot of things away when someone is in need.

I bought it about 6 months ago. It's a 2018 model that was built the way you see it (almost) for a steal of a price. If I was building from just a frame, I would go with Shimano because that's what I've always ridden. However the price on this was too good to ignore, so I accepted the Campy build. It's taken some getting used to, but it does it's job very well. The wheels are Enve 3.4s with a PowerTap rear hub. I probably wouldn't have bought a PowerTap myself, but it was part of the package, and I've come to really like having the power data.

I'm never going to bash anyone for expensive hobbies. In addition to having multiple bikes, I also have about $30k in music instruments and recording gear that were part of my obsessive hobby for a number of years. Hell, I've probably spent north of $2k on gear for recording and live-streaming softball games.

Feb 24, 2021
EricF i like the way you think! I always tell my DW, be careful what you try to get me interested in because once I do I'm all in and it's going to get expensive lol

Dec 11, 2010
Can you possibly imagine the number of deer (and men) that have met their demise from a lever action rifle over the course of American history? A LOT!! What, since the 1860's?
And 1911’s! Talk about staying power!

I vote for the HK USP. Man that is gloriously functional and refined all at once. It would fit in ANYWHERE. That’s a shooters pistol!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Growing up I had a 250R (3 wheeler) so now that I'm a little older I'm partial to those.... not as many as I used to have though lol. And Yamaha quad for the kids to learn riding on

My dad has a three-wheeler. He loves the thing and even though it costs him an arm and a leg to fix it, he won't part with it. I love to take the quad we got when we go out deer hunting. Anymore, he prefers to hunt from the ground while I hunt in his tree stand.