Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2018
Had an ALL expenses paid trip to Diverticulitis-ville last night, decided to spend the night at Carolinas Medical Center and be a pin cushion for a ton of interns!

Anyone here ever had a bout with Diverticulitis, or have dealt with it for a while?

It’s some bad stuff, if you think you have a high tolerance for pain, this will change your mind!

Friend had a particularly bad bout of it, he was pretty sure he was dying. My grandfather had it for years, loved to grow his tomatoes and even though dr. said to stay away due the small seeds he would eat them until he had a flare up. Seems to be differing opinions on treatment. Grandfather's Dr. always encouraged him to stay away from certain foods such as apples with peel on. My Step Grandfather's sister had it and her Dr. wanted her to eat an apple everyday.

Good Luck.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Had an ALL expenses paid trip to Diverticulitis-ville last night, decided to spend the night at Carolinas Medical Center and be a pin cushion for a ton of interns!

Anyone here ever had a bout with Diverticulitis, or have dealt with it for a while?

It’s some bad stuff, if you think you have a high tolerance for pain, this will change your mind!
Sorry dude - that is no bueno! Personally haven't experienced it (knock wood - no jinxing) but know a few guys who have. Hang in there and "gut" it out!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Friend had a particularly bad bout of it, he was pretty sure he was dying. My grandfather had it for years, loved to grow his tomatoes and even though dr. said to stay away due the small seeds he would eat them until he had a flare up. Seems to be differing opinions on treatment. Grandfather's Dr. always encouraged him to stay away from certain foods such as apples with peel on. My Step Grandfather's sister had it and her Dr. wanted her to eat an apple everyday.

Good Luck.
My BIL fights it, he was my best friend before he was my BIL. He’s a Grizzly Bear (or Sasquatch, Take your pick), he can hold a beer can in his hand and you can’t see it!

Probably 20 years ago I took him to the ER, he was laying down stretched across four chairs crying like a baby, never felt so sorry for someone, until last night!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate

Ooof-ahh!! That sounds like no fun at all. Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with it or have a family member deal with diverticulitis. So, from that aspect, I don't know what you're going through.

Not so fun story. I had a teammate deal with Crohn's disease. She really didn't tell too many people about her condition. So, no one else really knew. Coaches were ordering stuff like pizzas's not knowing someone couldn't eat gluten. We went to the event and ate pizza and the apps. Later that night, the crap literally hit the fan. She got such bad gut pain and diarrhea that she thought she was going to die. We ended up having to call the ambulance for her. She ended up having to have part of her colon removed.

We're praying for your speedy recovery and hopefully it clears up soon.

Feb 25, 2020
Yikes! IIRC that's what almost got Brock Lesnar about 15 years ago. Definitely a serious thing.

Get well soon!

Apr 30, 2018
They say….

Peanuts
Tomato seeds
Popcorn hulls
Poppy seeds
Strawberry seeds
Any tiny seeds that can get stuck in a pocket and get inflamed.

Hamburger buns with sesame seeds, if you grab a burger anywhere ask for a plain bun. They would start making my Papa's for him when he pulled in the parking lot.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
For you non hop-head lightweights, I had a great one tonight. Big Wave Golden Ale from Kona Brewing Company!

Super clean, crisp, refreshing, with a little hop note, a great Summer brew that I’ll buy again!

Saw a couple of these at the local grocer. Delicious. As described. This will go into the Summer rotation. Thanks for the recommendation AD!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598