Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I want to recommend something to you guys that like your music with a little bit harder edge to it. Let me give some back story before the recommendation.

On-campus, we usually workout with our strength and conditioning coach. Ours is pretty good and has taught me a lot of good techniques. I'll sometimes workout with my teammates and usually we'll listen to music but I get tired of listening to the same One Direction, Nicky Minaj, Cardi B, Harry Styles stuff all the time. So, I sometimes work out with the football team. It's fun working out with the guys. They, like us, listen to music while working out. As I'm somewhat a metal-head, they listen to more the stuff I like. Sabbath, Metallica, Ozzy, In This Moment, Halestorm and other stuff I never even thought to listen to.

As we entered mid-January, I was heading to a work out and the football team was in the weight room working out. Now, I've gotten some creative nicknames from the guys. Like Gab, Gabs, and Gabbella to name a few. I was doing some leg workout where I was pushing weights with my legs. I was doing my body weight when one of the guys shouted about playing music. I said "play whatever". As they played the usual Linkin' Park, Metallica, and Pantera we've listened to before, I had started thinking about what I wanted to walk out to this coming season. I was going through my favorite wrestling themes since I am a pro wrestling fan. I either wanted this...

or this since I just became a fan of her work...

I wasn't prepared for what I was about to hear. This was the next song that played. I"m a Metallica fan and I wasn't prepared to hear a cover of one of their songs sound so good.

And then this song came on before the guys were done...

I had to download Wolf Totem. It's become one of the songs I have to listen to when doing BP or just working out. It also came down to Wolf Totem or this song for my walk up music...

Both Wolf Totem and The Great Chinngis Khaan have a great intimidation factor to them but I ultimately went with Khaan.

I've really come to love listening to The Hu. Metal music done with traditional Mongolian instuments sung in Mongolian...sign me up.

I plan on coming home over the weekend and playing this for my mom for Mother's day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdN1U9NvuIc&ab_channel=BetterNoiseMusic

If you guys listen to this, put on subtitles to understand what they're saying.

May 11, 2021
Netherland
Well just tell me how you feel cnardone, and please don't hold back! I think you're right about that episode, that's where I first saw this sauce. My local Harris Teeter always carries it and I've looked at it for well over a year, it was on sale one Saturday so I gave it a try...........it's really good on chicken!

I promise you it's unlike any other steak sauce that you're used to!
Every day is the new day at HT as Harris teeter store has different meats on sale. You can pick up Harris Teeter Whole Rotisserie Chicken - 11 am - 7 pm Hot from the Deli. You can return it back if you don't like it or found it bad.

Feb 24, 2021
1) IF you ask my kids all I listen to is sports talk radio but when I do switch to music it's always the Pearl Jam channel.
2) I would have to say Gladiator (Russell Crowe) or Goodfellas hard to choose which I would prefer.
3) I really don't drink but if I had to pick I would have to say Guinness.
4) Easily Notre Dame (GO IRISH!)
5) Love golf when I'm not glued to a bucket and lately a lot of Cornhole, get some pretty good games going at the hotels during TB season.
6) IT has to be the "Snow Bowl" Rick Mirer to Jerome Bettis with 20 seconds left for the win over Penn State. (1992)

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I want to recommend something to you guys that like your music with a little bit harder edge to it. Let me give some back story before the recommendation.

On-campus, we usually workout with our strength and conditioning coach. Ours is pretty good and has taught me a lot of good techniques. I'll sometimes workout with my teammates and usually we'll listen to music but I get tired of listening to the same One Direction, Nicky Minaj, Cardi B, Harry Styles stuff all the time. So, I sometimes work out with the football team. It's fun working out with the guys. They, like us, listen to music while working out. As I'm somewhat a metal-head, they listen to more the stuff I like. Sabbath, Metallica, Ozzy, In This Moment, Halestorm and other stuff I never even thought to listen to.

As we entered mid-January, I was heading to a work out and the football team was in the weight room working out. Now, I've gotten some creative nicknames from the guys. Like Gab, Gabs, and Gabbella to name a few. I was doing some leg workout where I was pushing weights with my legs. I was doing my body weight when one of the guys shouted about playing music. I said "play whatever". As they played the usual Linkin' Park, Metallica, and Pantera we've listened to before, I had started thinking about what I wanted to walk out to this coming season. I was going through my favorite wrestling themes since I am a pro wrestling fan. I either wanted this...

or this since I just became a fan of her work...

I wasn't prepared for what I was about to hear. This was the next song that played. I"m a Metallica fan and I wasn't prepared to hear a cover of one of their songs sound so good.

And then this song came on before the guys were done...

I had to download Wolf Totem. It's become one of the songs I have to listen to when doing BP or just working out. It also came down to Wolf Totem or this song for my walk up music...

Both Wolf Totem and The Great Chinngis Khaan have a great intimidation factor to them but I ultimately went with Khaan.

I've really come to love listening to The Hu. Metal music done with traditional Mongolian instuments sung in Mongolian...sign me up.

I plan on coming home over the weekend and playing this for my mom for Mother's day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdN1U9NvuIc&ab_channel=BetterNoiseMusic

If you guys listen to this, put on subtitles to understand what they're saying.

For gym time......I am a Metallica, Pantera, and a Linkin' Park fan. But that's about as hard as I go for metal. The last couple you posted though were pretty cool. Without you posting those I doubt I would have ever stumbled across them.

For the rest.....I tend to cycle through music genres throughout the year. I work from home so its always a mixture of music and podcasts. For music......Classic Rock, 80's Rock, 90's Rock & Alternative, Country & it's sub genres (not popular radio stuff though), 90's Rap/Hip-Hop, and even some current stuff. Not uncommon for me to even go down a 50's rabbit hole now and again.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Since I'm procrastinating while getting through coffee after DD's late game last night......

#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Today is Country. Eric Church, Chris Stapleton, The Cadillac Three

#2. What's your favorite movie? Shawshank Redemption, Field of Dreams

#3. Not a big drinker but favorite go to beer? Went on a huge IPA kick the last few months. Taking a break. Vodka-Soda for now.

#4. Favorite sports team? Chicago: Bears, Cubs, and Blackhawks.

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? Shooting/Hunting, Hockey, Running, Fishing

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812