Gradum Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
He came up on facebook. Went to his website. He got five free videos. He comes off as a know it all and everybody else is doing it wrong. But his stuff is Ok. One thing I disagree with him about is that he says all pitches (inside and outside) are hit in the same place. I think you hit inside pitch a little more out front and outside pitch a little deeper. But he knows it all. And he will tell you so.

Aug 20, 2017
I think it’s difficult to teach a player to let the outside pitch get deeper and maintain good timing. I think if you keep good posture and your head stays down your bat path will be better and help you hit the outside pitch away. So IMO teach good posture and head stays down to help keep the barrel running down the train tracks longer

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I think it’s difficult to teach a player to let the outside pitch get deeper and maintain good timing. I think if you keep good posture and your head stays down your bat path will be better and help you hit the outside pitch away. So IMO teach good posture and head stays down to help keep the barrel running down the train tracks longer
Like this:

• Wow
Reactions: TDS
Aug 20, 2017
Like this:

Dang! He just went after barrel turners and swing downers 😬 That should play well around here. Looks like he is more concerned with the barrel staying connected to the upper body longer (which I like). I just think at the end of the day simple teaches like head stays down and posture will create a solid foundation for bat path. If head comes up, top hand will begin to roll causing loss of plate coverage. I’m not big on hand isolation drills due to the bat being held with two hands 😎

Jan 28, 2017
Dang! He just went after barrel turners and swing downers 😬 That should play well around here. Looks like he is more concerned with the barrel staying connected to the upper body longer (which I like). I just think at the end of the day simple teaches like head stays down and posture will create a solid foundation for bat path. If head comes up, top hand will begin to roll causing loss of plate coverage. I’m not big on hand isolation drills due to the bat being held with two hands 😎
Close to IR like TM talks about.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Funny how some of these guys will do anything to support the narrative.. They spew barrel path while discounting what allows for the barrel to get there.. How many of these guys have been in the box and felt true cause/effect.

lgTAhJq.gif

k4xI3PF.gif

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Another definition I have used for keep the head down is 'dominant eye goes to area of contact.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood