Good news for our family

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
As many of you know, DD has had issues with her one kidney from birth, and last year was critically ill with an in home nurse etc... This spring Children's Hospital wanted to do surgery on her, but DD argued that it would ruin her HS season and TB season after. The Doctors told her as long as she stayed on her medication and didn't get sick, it was fine to hold off for awhile. Well, she was scheduled to go in tomorrow morning. I received a call earlier today from the surgeon and he said they cancelled the surgery. After they reviewed the tests from this Monday, they said it was not needed. In fact, he said it was amazing, that her body had healed itself and it didn't even look like her kidney (I told him to double check:)
Anyway, the surgeon told me to tell my daughter that the love of the game saved her from surgery. If she hadn't been so passionate, they would have done the surgery...and it clearly wasn't needed. It's really interesting because it was something she's had all her life. No more medications!
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, P.Ms etc... you guys are great! Now we go to celebrate!
:D:D:D

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
FANTASTIC, iMlearning! These kind of situations are always so scary, especially when it's your own kid. I'm sure those happy faces on your post don't do justice to the happiness you feel today!

Oct 10, 2011
FANTASTIC, iMlearning! These kind of situations are always so scary, especially when it's your own kid. I'm sure those happy faces on your post don't do justice to the happiness you feel today!

I couldn't find the grown man crying emoticon!

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
That is awesome! So glad to hear it.

With all that she's been through I'll bet there's nothing on a softball field that can rattle her.

Sep 18, 2011
Was having a particularly bad day - thanks so much for sharing that great news. Your daughter rocks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28