Good morning!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 21, 2022
Hello, Dad here of 14yo softball playing daughter in Maryland. Looking forward to learning more and utilizing the great resources available here. I will definitely be looking here first to buy new gear as well.

Nov 18, 2015
Welcome MD Dad! There's a handful of other Marylanders on here (not as many as us Virginian's, but you're getting there!) :)
My daughter just moved up to 14U this year as well - so far the extra 3' only seems to matter when the pitcher realizes she still has to cover bunts.

One thing about MD teams that I've always enjoyed - you all really take pride in your state flag. More often than not, MD teams incorporate some aspect of the state flag into your uniforms - it's like it's in the state constitution or something. And MD probably has the "busiest" flag in the union - it's not like you can just slap a big star on it and say "We're from Texas!".

Anyways, this is definitely the site to use to not only find used gear, but get opinions on new gear as well.

Welcome to the sickness. :)

Sep 21, 2022
Welcome MD Dad! There's a handful of other Marylanders on here (not as many as us Virginian's, but you're getting there!) :)
My daughter just moved up to 14U this year as well - so far the extra 3' only seems to matter when the pitcher realizes she still has to cover bunts.

One thing about MD teams that I've always enjoyed - you all really take pride in your state flag. More often than not, MD teams incorporate some aspect of the state flag into your uniforms - it's like it's in the state constitution or something. And MD probably has the "busiest" flag in the union - it's not like you can just slap a big star on it and say "We're from Texas!".

Anyways, this is definitely the site to use to not only find used gear, but get opinions on new gear as well.

Welcome to the sickness. :)
It's funny you mentioned about the MD flag. I'm actually from upstate NY, and also lived in Northern VA for several years, and I don't think I even knew what those state flags looked like. But in MD...... you're right, totally different story. The flag is everywhere!! And it's super busy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2