Goal Setting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 26, 2022
Hi everyone!

I am coaching a first year 12U team and over the winter I am looking at doing some goal setting for each girl. The plan was to have each player have a 1 on 1 with the coach to discuss different mental aspect of the game such as strengths, things to work on, desired positions, areas of focus, and measurable goals.

Does anyone have a successful goal planning sheet or template that they have used in the past? Anything would be appreciated as this is the first time I will be doing anything like this.

Apr 1, 2021
Northern VA
Hi everyone!

I am coaching a first year 12U team and over the winter I am looking at doing some goal setting for each girl. The plan was to have each player have a 1 on 1 with the coach to discuss different mental aspect of the game such as strengths, things to work on, desired positions, areas of focus, and measurable goals.

Does anyone have a successful goal planning sheet or template that they have used in the past? Anything would be appreciated as this is the first time I will be doing anything like this.
Attached is one that I plan to use for my 12u team this spring. I forget if I found it online or if a fellow coach passed it along. Good luck and have fun this season!

Attachments

• 2022-2023 Goals.pdf
    325.5 KB · Views: 65
Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
I know one thing I always recommend, is speaking to confidence regardless of score or how you are playing. The earlier you speak to and confront that you can win by 100, or lose by 100, BUT either way, what can YOU do to help your team at the plate and in the field. Bad things are going to happen, mistakes will ALWAYS be made... stay calm and continue to give your all regardless of the outcome!

You would be surprised at how quickly support grows for each other.

Jan 26, 2022
Attached is one that I plan to use for my 12u team this spring. I forget if I found it online or if a fellow coach passed it along. Good luck and have fun this season!
Thank you so much! This is very helpful and something I was looking for.

Jan 26, 2022
I know one thing I always recommend, is speaking to confidence regardless of score or how you are playing. The earlier you speak to and confront that you can win by 100, or lose by 100, BUT either way, what can YOU do to help your team at the plate and in the field. Bad things are going to happen, mistakes will ALWAYS be made... stay calm and continue to give your all regardless of the outcome!

You would be surprised at how quickly support grows for each other.
Thank you for the reply. I think that is an excellent thing to teach to.

Nov 15, 2019
This may not be what you're looking for and I think my daughter was a couple years older when she did this, but Ashley Burkhardt has a goal setting class and it's only $7.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020
At 12 it's probably hard enough just to keep the players attention so keep the goals simple yet productive.

For example: When bunting keep the bat at the top of the strike zone so that the bat never goes up to bunt the ball because you are bunting a ball out of the strike zone, Simple yet productive. Be sure to explain why the goal for that day is important to do it that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45