Glove thread…..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I know i
That miken glove is use for slowpitch sb. How is the leather quality on the miken glove?
I know its made for sp in general...just was joking with AD and he never saw one. Wanted to show the ridiculous size of the thing...hahahaha...the ball gives it some perspective. Plus, the thread was getting boring so wanted to
kick it back up top.

Its actually not bad for the price at all. We sell a bunch of the Mikens to local guys that
have no interest in paying the 200-300 price tags for gloves that take forever to break in

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Didn’t want to start a new thread, just wanted to give some observations I saw today.

Went to Academy Sports this afternoon to check out some ammo, as I was leaving the ball glove display was just to the right of the entrance / exit. There was 6 or 7 of what I’d call premium gloves.

So a small in hand comparison…first up was a 11.5” Pro314 HOH, what a POS, really disappointing! Screamed retail glove sold at a big box store!

There was 3 Wilson A2000 baseball gloves, a saddle tan DP15, pretty nice glove, then a light gray SuperSkin model, much softer, nothing I’d ever be interested in. And a blonde 1787, this was a really nice glove, I really liked it, a lot!

Last up was a 11.5” Marucci Cypress I-web baseball glove, absolutely blew those other gloves away, head & shoulders above them and not even close! So for those of you who got in on the $129 Cypress blowout sale, you got a fantastic deal, wish I would have got in on it!

Think I’ve handled two Cypress gloves before, but never with a HOH or A2000 together with one, it wasn’t even close!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Had that Marucci had split welting it would have been perfect, I’m actually shocked Eric designed it with rolled welting, he used split in the Easton Small Batches series.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802