Glove Recommendations 10u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2021
South Carolina
Hey all. Just joined, but lurked a bit and was impressed with the info shared here. I have a 10 yo playing middle infield. Very small for her age. About 4’6” with less than 6 inch hands from base to tip and most of that length is palm so very short fingers. Struggling to find the right glove for her. Want to keep it light, but want something that lasts (for a bit anyway). Main issue with the better gloves she’s tried is she’s strong enough to close her hand but the pocket won’t go with it. You can literally see the palm closed and web open(yes broken in). So far the only thing that’s worked are the cheaper “starter” gloves and they just don’t last. Looked at several that are promising but we don’t have much to choose from live at the stores here so I’ll have to go online with something. Looking at 11.75 inch but obviously open to anything someone recommended. Appreciate any help in advance!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
At her age and size, check out Bradley Gloves. Maybe even give them a call and get their suggestion.

Feb 25, 2020
Bradleys seem like a great option. They run like 17-18 oz from what I remember(provided by satisfied customers on here).

Another option is the wilson a950 11.5/11.75 baseball gloves or the aura line. Dd has a 11.5" and its about 15 oz. Really youth sized(cant fit my hand in it at all) broken in off the shelf but really nice fingers imo. Mine wears it TIP and has really done pretty well all over the field.

Nov 8, 2020
Wilson A2000 P86 might be a nice option. P is pedroia fit which means it is made for smaller hands. 86 is for 1786 which is the 11.5" I web (or H web according to Wilson for some odd reason). Look for a Superskin option which will give you a more lightweight material on the back side of the glove without sacrificing the build quality of a MLB glove that can withstand the everyday beating of 8 hour days on the weekends and year round play.

Also, Rawlings Heart of the Hide Glove with a mesh back side, the mesh also giving you a lighter glove and the Heart of Hidr model giving you the build quality to stand up to year round girls softball.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2018
The cheap gloves don't last, but so what. They are cheap and easy to break in. She is 10 and needs something light. None of the quality gloves are light. Don't get anything nicer than than the wilson 950. Put it in the Dicks Death box and she'll be ready with a new glove by the time you get home. She will get through 3 seasons (not years) with it, and Christmas 2022 time will be ready for something a little nicer.

Last Fall, at the end of year Wilson glove sale, I bought my dd (then 11, now 12) an A2000. I thought she would break it in over the winter and be ready for use this spring. I still have to force her to use it in practice to complete the break in. She loves her $69 Wilson and does not want to use the new glove. BTW it is broken in by my standards.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021
South Carolina
The cheap gloves don't last, but so what. They are cheap and easy to break in. She is 10 and needs something light. None of the quality gloves are light. Don't get anything nicer than than the wilson 950. Put it in the Dicks Death box and she'll be ready with a new glove by the time you get home. She will get through 3 seasons (not years) with it, and Christmas 2022 time will be ready for something a little nicer.

Last Fall, at the end of year Wilson glove sale, I bought my dd (then 11, now 12) an A2000. I thought she would break it in over the winter and be ready for use this spring. I still have to force her to use it in practice to complete the break in. She loves her $69 Wilson and does not want to use the new glove. BTW it is broken in by my standards.

Yeah, that's been my philosophy for the past few seasons. Definitely not looking to go to the A2000 yet. Just been stuck with those Finch Mizuno gloves and she's playing too much for them to make it far. Those mid range options like 950 were what i was looking at. Liking the Bradley and Vinci options some have mentioned. May order multiple and let her pick.

May 4, 2021
My 7 yo DD is small, 43 pounds and 3' 6". She uses a Bradley FP gold 11.5" which works really good for her, and is really good quality. It took a little bit to break it in, but it fits her hand well.

She also has a Wilson A500 Siren 12" which is a nice light glove too, but I don't think quite as good quality as the Bradley.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee