Glove Recommendation for 9yo DD?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2019
Off the shelf, we tried a Mizuno Prime SE and it was way too stiff. Haven't seen a pro select to try though. I'm betting some vigorous break in would work either way, but it could be a pancake by the time she could use it.
The pro select will be super stiff than the prime se. The pro select will not be a pancake since the leather on the select is very comparable to the rawlings hoh and wilson a2000.

Mar 28, 2021
She actually tried this one on at Dick's last week and loved the way it felt. She isn't picky on color, but for some reason doesn't want white. I have an older GG Elite that I use frequently, and had held up well.
They had a brown one at our store. Check their website!

Apr 7, 2021
Check out Bradley Gloves as well. The hand/finger stalls are specifically sized for young hands. I would go with the Next Play series. These are geared towards 9-12 year old. They have both fast pitch (FP) and baseball versions. The glove shell patterns are the same between the gloves, but the FP gloves have velcro wrists and the baseball gloves have a laced wrist. A H-web makes a nice all around glove. They have 11.5", 11.75", or 12". Here are a few choices, but search the website as there are lots more. I would stay away from any of the steerhide or kip leather gloves for a 9 year old. Those gloves will be a bit heavier/stiffer requiring more break in and more hand strength.

This one is on clearance.

Looks like I waited too long on the top two, which she liked the best. Only LHT remaining. While looking at the website, this one caught her eye. https://www.bradleybaseballgloves.c...ara-web-next-play-cross-over-royal-black-gold

Any reason not to pull the trigger on that one? I know the web is more outfield specific, but after looking at 20+ gloves, THIS is the one she fell in love with.

Oct 26, 2019
Looks like I waited too long on the top two, which she liked the best. Only LHT remaining. While looking at the website, this one caught her eye. https://www.bradleybaseballgloves.c...ara-web-next-play-cross-over-royal-black-gold

Any reason not to pull the trigger on that one? I know the web is more outfield specific, but after looking at 20+ gloves, THIS is the one she fell in love with.
That’s the exact glove my DD had except hers is brown/black. She really likes the wrist pull strap how she can put it in and then tighten it down.

Apr 30, 2018
That one should do nicely. web is geared towards outfield, but it is a Next Play glove so it should be just right for her age. Not familiar with that type of wrist adjustment though.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2021
That one should do nicely. web is geared towards outfield, but it is a Next Play glove so it should be just right for her age. Not familiar with that type of wrist adjustment though.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Just sent in the order. Being a Chicago White Sox fan, it was hard to buy an almost Cubbie blue glove, lol.

She is totally excited, so that's the point!

Oct 12, 2020

That's the glove I got my nine year old for Christmas. Her team colors are black and gold, and she's bonkers about the color blue. Really nice glove and it works for her. She has problems closing even other youth gloves. I don't think you need to worry too much about webs at that age...just my two cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802