Glove Break-In

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2022
Hi everyone. Happy new year! I have a baseball and softball glove that I would like to get broken in. I have a machine and have done a few others. I am looking for a company you have used that does a great job (doesn't steam). Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hi everyone. Happy new year! I have a baseball and softball glove that I would like to get broken in. I have a machine and have done a few others. I am looking for a company you have used that does a great job (doesn't steam). Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Not following? You say you "have a machine" and have done a few others, what kind of machine....an actual steamer?

You can break them in, plus you'll feel better about it doing them yourself! A 5lb. dumbbell will make you feel like Superman!

Jan 22, 2022
I have a pitching machine and a mallet. I broke in my glove a my daughters catcher mitt. I need to break in two more before spring season starts. I know some folks offer this service. Just trying to save some time. I should probably do them myself just thought I would ask.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I have a thing about breaking kids gloves in by using adult hands. 5lb dumbbell and a mallet is all you'll need. There is so much information out there regarding the process.. Pick your favorite and get to work.

FWIW, I can usually get it totally workable for young kids in two dumbell/mallet sessions and 2 days of easy throwing.

Nov 18, 2015
What brand / model of gloves?

And while you're much more likely to get responses if you wanted to do it yourself, you may have success looking through past threads - there's a few guys on here who relace quite a lot of gloves, and may offer a break-in service. BuyFastpitchGloves.com may also offer it.

Oct 4, 2018
I have a thing about breaking kids gloves in by using adult hands. 5lb dumbbell and a mallet is all you'll need. There is so much information out there regarding the process.. Pick your favorite and get to work.

FWIW, I can usually get it totally workable for young kids in two dumbell/mallet sessions and 2 days of easy throwing.

Yeah, I can get a non-catchers glove ready in a few days. Just plop down on the couch, put on a game, start tugging and pounding.

[Edit] Perverts...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478