Glad to have a place to brag, and people who get it...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 24, 2020
DD is 9, going into her first season of kid-pitch, 10U in the spring (she stayed in 8U for the fall to play with her all-star team). She started working on pitching seriously about two months ago. We're doing lessons once per week, but I'm letting her determine how often/when she practices. We're throwing ~3 times per week and she's committed, working hard and having fun.

Now for the brag -- when we started she was struggling to hit 34 mph. In our session today she hit 44 mph, and 9 of the first 12 pitches were >= 40 mph. I know we've still got lots of work to do with mechanics, and her control is still spotty, but I'm proud of the hard work and glad to see her getting results. If we can dial in the control, 10U rec in the spring is going to be fun.

She is still only 4'9", 65 lbs, so I hope that once she hits her growth spurt (sister is 5'6" at 11 yrs old) we'll add more velocity.

IMG_9858.PNG

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
DD is 9, going into her first season of kid-pitch, 10U in the spring (she stayed in 8U for the fall to play with her all-star team). She started working on pitching seriously about two months ago. We're doing lessons once per week, but I'm letting her determine how often/when she practices. We're throwing ~3 times per week and she's committed, working hard and having fun.

Now for the brag -- when we started she was struggling to hit 34 mph. In our session today she hit 44 mph, and 9 of the first 12 pitches were >= 40 mph. I know we've still got lots of work to do with mechanics, and her control is still spotty, but I'm proud of the hard work and glad to see her getting results. If we can dial in the control, 10U rec in the spring is going to be fun.

She is still only 4'9", 65 lbs, so I hope that once she hits her growth spurt (sister is 5'6" at 11 yrs old) we'll add more velocity.

View attachment 20478

Nice to see the accomplishments of effort! 👍

Oct 4, 2018
Nice. Keep it fun (as you're doing).

My 12U girl is already to the point where it's a bit of a grind. She loves it, but to get better it just takes hard work and reps now.

Jul 31, 2015

View attachment 20478

I can’t get past 8U All-Stars.

8U All-Stars!! ⭐⭐❤️❤️😍😍🥰🥰

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802