Girls having to play on boys diamond

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
The parents of our pitchers are refusing to let there girls pitch. There issues is that if there is a in field pop fly and the pitcher back steps they are not going to remember that there is a mound there. I also have no idea why they don't switch boys to this field and girls to the softball field. They are sticklers on rules but not when it comes to the rules of softball I guess bases are not reg pitching area not reg. Ugh confused by it all

Mound or not pitchers should NEVER back up for a pop up. That is why you have middle infielders.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I distinctly remember crystlemc's DD pitching off of a mound on more than several occasions when our girls played TB together. She did a fantastic job. It didnt affect her at all nor any of our other pitchers for that matter. Let me take tha back. One was a head case so it did affect her.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD's rec league shares a field with the local LL, and the field has a mound. It's been that way since I was a kid. It has never really been an issue.

Feb 7, 2013
I think the bigger issue is the grass infield, especially if the pitchers have to pitch on grass and/or if the offense plays "small ball". My DD only had to play once on a baseball field (I think she was 8U) and thankfully it's never happened again!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I think the bigger issue is the grass infield, especially if the pitchers have to pitch on grass and/or if the offense plays "small ball". My DD only had to play once on a baseball field (I think she was 8U) and thankfully it's never happened again!

That has been one of the rubbing points between softball and LL on our shared field. LL wants to install grass. Softball has vowed to dig it up as soon as it's down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13