Girls having to play on boys diamond

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2016
I have a question. We let our girl play on a park team this sumer for fun. The park league put our 14u team on a boys diamond which has a good size pitching mound on it because its a boys dimond. The park said it shouldn't be a problem for the girls to play on this field they will not change any thing. The boys are playing on a diamond next to us which is the girls diamond. Do u think it is wrong and why. Thanks for input

Jun 12, 2015
I'm having a hard time picturing my daughter pitching on a baseball mound. My older daughter actually plays baseball, and it's fine. But the pitch is so different, and the baseball mound is like a little hill. Seems like that would be a nightmare to me. Unless they have one of those portable mounds they bring in? In which case I would think less of a big deal especially if the bases can be moved.

Feb 3, 2011
I have a question. We let our girl play on a park team this sumer for fun. The park league put our 14u team on a boys diamond which has a good size pitching mound on it because its a boys dimond. The park said it shouldn't be a problem for the girls to play on this field they will not change any thing. The boys are playing on a diamond next to us which is the girls diamond. Do u think it is wrong and why. Thanks for input
Is there some particular reason the baseball team and softball team don't just, you know, switch fields?

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina

Does the baseball team want to be on the softball field? Why?

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
It's can be a problem when balls are hit up the middle they tend to ricochet off of the mound. pitching shouldn't be a problem since the mound should be well behind 43'.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD filled in for a team a few weeks ago that played on a baseball field with a mound. The softball field was too wet so they moved us to the other field. The mound was behind the circle so not really an issue for the pitcher. As mentioned a few grounders up the middle got a little tricky.

May 6, 2016
The parents of our pitchers are refusing to let there girls pitch. There issues is that if there is a in field pop fly and the pitcher back steps they are not going to remember that there is a mound there. I also have no idea why they don't switch boys to this field and girls to the softball field. They are sticklers on rules but not when it comes to the rules of softball I guess bases are not reg pitching area not reg. Ugh confused by it all

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
The parents of our pitchers are refusing to let there girls pitch. There issues is that if there is a in field pop fly and the pitcher back steps they are not going to remember that there is a mound there. I also have no idea why they don't switch boys to this field and girls to the softball field. They are sticklers on rules but not when it comes to the rules of softball I guess bases are not reg pitching area not reg. Ugh confused by it all

What about ...

Is there some particular reason the baseball team and softball team don't just, you know, switch fields?

Does the baseball team want to be on the softball field? Why?

Aug 6, 2013
We're in W PA and it is not uncommon to have tournaments where half the games are on Mounded LL baseball fields -
You see it more at the younger ages at 35 and 40 feet the girls are well in front of the mound (at 45 feet) but we had one last fall (14U) with two fields with mounds so the girls were pitching from the Slope
The other field they used must have been the t-ball field, the fence was maybe 170 feet (oddly I think the host team played on that field all weekend)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13