Ghost Advance vs Ghost Dual Stamp (2020)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTJ

Jun 8, 2021
I am looking at purchasing my 15yr slapper a new bat. She currently swings a CF. She likes the dual stamp Ghost but -10 just swings a little too heavy. Does the advance swing lighter than the dual stamp? I have been told it is “more balanced”?

Second part. I have been told that the drop -11 in the advance will break easier than the -10? But if “your daughter is a slapper primarily” it shouldn’t break as easy as a non-slapper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2018
The new 2022 ghosts are coming in lighter than those 2020’s and the new one stickerEd advance are as well.

here is my advice, have her swing both and let you know which she likes best and then you hit up Core on here and tell him which you want to order. He will save you a lot and get it to you quick.

as for the -11 breaking easier, I have not seen that. I think your daughter being a slapper will prefer the -11 and likely the advanced but the new 2022 is a lot closer to the advanced so that is why I say have her test them out at dicks or somewhere so then ultimately you get her what she already thinks is her favorite new bat.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Based on the feedback from my 16yo DD who is pretty sensitive to such things, the 2020 Dual Stamp and Advanced have very similar feels for balance (slight endload).

The new Ghost Double Barrel seems to be very close in weight to the Advanced, maybe trending towards small fractions of an ounce lighter, based on the data we're seeing... https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/bat-weight-database.20034/

As P34 said, if you're looking to buy, contact @CoreSoftball20. He's got the best pricing, and excellent service. There are a LOT of DFP'ers who have used him numerous times with the same happy results.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The new 2022 Dual will def run closer to sticker than the 2020 Dual. And I have weighed enough to have an idea

The ADV will still run heavier than the 2022...but later batches of the ADV did get much closer to sticker than earlier

Also, drop11s are worse than drop10s

Last edited:
May 29, 2019
My DD has both Ghosts and can tell you with certainty that they feel the same from a "swing weight" perspective. I weighed them both new, and there were within 1/8th of an oz of each other (24 oz and 24 1/8th) for a 33 drop 10. I measured the balance point, and they are both too close to discern a difference. The main differences between the two are:

-Different composite with the Advanced that was supposed to increase performance and durability. That's certainly debatable :ROFLMAO: The bats do sound different.
-The Advanced has a smaller and softer knob, which is supposed to "feel" better.
-The Advanced has a slightly different connection (I believe less stiff) which is supposed to reduce feel back to the hands on mis-hits. I have heard a few girls say that the Advanced feels better, or "smoother", and it is probably because of the different connection.

My DD is a slapper as well that migrated from a CF to a Power Carbon to a Ghost. The Ghost "swings too heavy" because it is heavier, and the balance point is closer to the end cap. I measured and compared them all. DD prefers the Advanced, but mostly because it "sounds a little better" than the dual stamp. Or she may think she likes it better because it costs more. :unsure: She had the original Blue/Grey Ghost and says that was by far the best of the three. You can't have a Ghost discussion without paying homage to the original. :p

Reactions: MTJ
May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD has both Ghosts and can tell you with certainty that they feel the same from a "swing weight" perspective. I weighed them both new, and there were within 1/8th of an oz of each other (24 oz and 24 1/8th) for a 33 drop 10. I measured the balance point, and they are both too close to discern a difference. The main differences between the two are:

-Different composite with the Advanced that was supposed to increase performance and durability. That's certainly debatable :ROFLMAO: The bats do sound different.
-The Advanced has a smaller and softer knob, which is supposed to "feel" better.
-The Advanced has a slightly different connection (I believe less stiff) which is supposed to reduce feel back to the hands on mis-hits. I have heard a few girls say that the Advanced feels better, or "smoother", and it is probably because of the different connection.

My DD is a slapper as well that migrated from a CF to a Power Carbon to a Ghost. The Ghost "swings too heavy" because it is heavier, and the balance point is closer to the end cap. I measured and compared them all. DD prefers the Advanced, but mostly because it "sounds a little better" than the dual stamp. Or she may think she likes it better because it costs more. :unsure: She had the original Blue/Grey Ghost and says that was by far the best of the three. You can't have a Ghost discussion without paying homage to the original. :p

My DD has used every model of Ghost, except the yellow/grey one. Her favorite was the Dual Stamp. She liked the feel of the ball off the bat slightly better than the Advanced (I think she prefers a bit more feedback, rather than less).

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Is the 22 Ghost Advance supposed to be different or the same bat this year
There is a change in the ADV. Easton doesnt do every 2 years to just repaint a bat.

What they did was swap inner barrel and composite. Last ADV they went super thin composite and bigger
inner barrel. Now they went the opposite. They a tad thicker on the composite, but made the inner barrel wall
much thinner and more reactive. That way the outter barrel isnt so thin where it stresses right away, but the inner
barrel moves and reacts more to make up for the little bit thicker composite.

Thats also why the 2022 Dual sounded a bit diff out of the wrapper than the 2020

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28