Georgetown University

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2020
Does anyone know if Georgetown is having a season this year? I cannot find a 2021 schedule online, and the link from the Big East page does not work for them. They are the only team in the conference not having played a game, yet.

Thanks.

Apr 28, 2019
Does anyone know if Georgetown is having a season this year? I cannot find a 2021 schedule online, and the link from the Big East page does not work for them. They are the only team in the conference not having played a game, yet.

Thanks.
The Hoyas were scheduled to face UConn for 3 games this past weekend. It just shows games cancelled. No explanation as to why games were cancelled.
All other games cancelled state reason for doing so.
Either COVID, inclement weather, pending weather, or unplayable field conditions.
So it looks like they have been scheduled to play games but I didn’t see a 2021 schedule on their team site.
Either their AD dropped the ball on posting a schedule which seems highly unlikely or they opted out of the 2021 season late. 🤔

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The Hoyas were scheduled to face UConn for 3 games this past weekend. It just shows games cancelled. No explanation as to why games were cancelled.
All other games cancelled state reason for doing so.
Either COVID, inclement weather, pending weather, or unplayable field conditions.
So it looks like they have been scheduled to play games but I didn’t see a 2021 schedule on their team site.
Either their AD dropped the ball on posting a schedule which seems highly unlikely or they opted out of the 2021 season late. 🤔
If I remember right, The NCAA is granting another year of eligibility to the players on any team that doesn't play a schedule. Since the Ivies all canceled their spring sports schedules, maybe this is why? Or is that D3 only?

Apr 28, 2019
If I remember right, The NCAA is granting another year of eligibility to the players on any team that doesn't play a schedule. Since the Ivies all canceled their spring sports schedules, maybe this is why? Or is that D3 only?
Not sure. Out of the 9 Big East schools that play softball 8 have stats for this year. Hoyas have no stat line. Yet other teams in conference show Georgetown on 2021 schedule.
Seems strange that one out of 9 schools would opt out of season.
Ivy League is D-1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28