Gasso on NIL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2019
Well, Patty is not alone in facing these new challenges. Every high profile team will have to deal with this, arguably some more than Oklahoma.

A bigger potential problem I see is if a high profile player has a big NIL deal with a company that is also a school booster, that company has a financial interest in making sure that kid doesn't get benched for poor performance. So now money has influence on the starting lineup. Play Suzy Spokeswoman or lose our support.
Well, money has huge influence in our elections too, so there's that. The world is whacky right now. I'm def not going to be bothered by any of this.

Oct 3, 2019
Not even close to the same thing. Teachers are underpaid and college coaches for the most part are overpaid.

The tired argument of we pay college kids with scholarships is annoying. The courts agree and here we go....
College coaches are sometimes the highest paid on their state's payroll.

Oct 3, 2019
I can see the day coming when schools along with the players reps/agents/attorneys will include some premade endorsement deals as part of the recruitment package. Like the local car dealership, pizzeria, Easton, etc. jumping into the game. Capitalism running wild. I love it!

Other big-time college quarterbacks like Oklahoma's Spencer Rattler grabbed NIL deals from multi-million dollar corporations such as Raising Canes' while high school prospects like rising junior Arch Manning, the grandson of Ole Miss great Archie Manning and the No. 1 quarterback in the Class of 2023, are garnering million-dollar NIL valuations.
Ironic if ultimately they end up making more in endorsements before ever playing a pro game. What would be their incentive? What if they never get that far? Does that count as being paid money for nothin'?

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Other big-time college quarterbacks like Oklahoma's Spencer Rattler grabbed NIL deals from multi-million dollar corporations such as Raising Canes' while high school prospects like rising junior Arch Manning, the grandson of Ole Miss great Archie Manning and the No. 1 quarterback in the Class of 2023, are garnering million-dollar NIL valuations.

You mean former big-time college quarterbacks like Oklahoma's QB Spencer Rattler. I'd say he's fallen a couple of notches.

Jul 13, 2019
I was watching a game the other day (I think it was the Kentucky game) and the #9 hitter had two home runs. So maybe she's finding her swing. At the same time I think there might have been another player that had 2 home runs and I think Oklahoma beat them quite handily. By the way, I was talking about the 9 hitter for Oklahoma.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802