GameChanger

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2019
I just received an email from gamechanger. The annual price for the premium subscription has increased $30. This is ridiculous. Has else gotten this email?

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
Why is it ridiculous? $30 a year for the ability to watch your team and tons and tons of other teams live feeds, video playbacks, and play by play, access to stats and automatically generated video clips of your kid.

Jun 8, 2016
Why is it ridiculous? $30 a year for the ability to watch your team and tons and tons of other teams live feeds, video playbacks, and play by play, access to stats and automatically generated video clips of your kid.
Well now it is 90 a year so an increase of 50%.. 🤷‍♂️ Not saying it isn't worth it (especially for the video playback for the purpose of making recruiting videos..) but a 50% increase is kind of a lot..

Apr 1, 2017
It's a big jump, but it had been the same price as it was before they added all the streaming/clips/video stuff. The price jump was coming, just a matter of when.

Jun 6, 2018
I just got my renewal notice and I have paid for Gamechanger annually for the last 6 years. Can someone tell me what Legacy annual access entails? I see what Plus and Premium get you but I can't find details on what "Legacy" provides? I have no use for the video part but i definitely want the averages and spray charts etc.

Aug 15, 2021
For newer subscribers it is less of an increase. I paid $50 about 1.5 years ago for the annual membership. Seems like they are catching everyone up to the updated price. I looked and a new premium membership if you sign up for the first time was $75.

Apr 8, 2019
You must don't know the original price.

Apr 8, 2019
Well now it is 90 a year so an increase of 50%.. 🤷‍♂️ Not saying it isn't worth it (especially for the video playback for the purpose of making recruiting videos..) but a 50% increase is kind of a lot.
It's a big jump, but it had been the same price as it was before they added all the streaming/clips/video stuff. The price jump was coming, just a matter of when.
That's my whole point. Nothing gradual. That's a huge bump all at once.

Feb 20, 2019
I'm seeing $75 a year for the premium service that allows you to view video archives season stats, etc. The plus service is $35 a year for basic access. It's hard for me to justify the $75 as I get access to most info via Admin/Staff.

Unless you have a knowledgeable score keeper the stats and spray charts can be very misleading. Our HS bench coach scored defensive indifference twice in the top of the 1st inning of a 0-0 game, the first on the lead-off hitter who walked and took second when the defense wasn't paying attention. Personally, I think the DI call is the most misunderstood call scorekeepers make, but I've also "seen" games where every hit (doubles, triples even an HR) went to the catcher.

What is gamechanger doing with this extra income? I'd like to see them invest on app upgrades/scoring enhancements (maybe make the DI option only available in late innings) and scorekeeper and/or parent education. Stats can be very useful or they can be your worst enemy. I've had parents brag about their daughter's S% and lack of walks based on GC. Well, no $hit, your daughter didn't walk anyone because it's modified kid-pitch and 1/2 of those "strikes" were thrown by a coach. I've also had parents complain about their DD pitching fewer innings than another pitcher, but they completely ignore the stats showing their DD faced almost as many batters and threw nearly as many pitches in about 1/2 the number of innings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802