Funny video about King and his Court

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Freak of nature. So how fast did he realy throw? How did he throw so hard? Are his mechanics studied and employed?
This video really made me mad. LOL. There was so much bad information and flat out lies in it, I had to choke it down. lol. Ok, first.... the fastest pitcher in the world today (Adam Folkard) is popping it 86 mph max. And he's allowed 1 foot on the rubber and to jump as far as he wants. Feigner had to pitch with 2 feet on and no jumping, yet they think he threw harder??? What a joke. Second, he didn't get "banned' for being "too good". He was banned for taking money in an "amateur sport". Before that, he never won a world championship, never pitched for the US National team, etc. I'd estimate 9/10 of his K's were with the umpire in on the gag and/or the catcher telling people to swing and miss. This was a show, not real. Yes, it took time for him to learn to pitch behind his back, through the legs, etc. but so what?? I can do that too but it doesn't work in a real game. It works when your catcher tells people to miss.

In this video they show him doing fancy moves and altering his delivery every pitch, which is great for a show. Not for a real pitcher. Hal Skinner used to advocate altering his delivery every pitch, most on this forum considered him a little crazy!!! lol. A pitcher needs consistency, timing and rhythm which are things someone cannot get altering their delivery.

Anyway, it was nice to see men's FP get some hype but too bad this guy took so many liberties with facts and the info. I truly wish he'd have checked with someone who actually knows the facts, and also knew Eddie, before publishing this.

Aug 21, 2008
I think even when young he was a stepper, no leap, no crow hop. I had his pitching video, don’t think I still have it.
I too had his pitching video.

You guys have to understand, the legend of Eddie Feigner is huge. As a young aspiring pitcher, when I learned the true nature of the "King and his Court" it was like learning about Santa for me. "You mean he's not REALLY striking someone out behind his back?? You mean the catcher is saying when to swing and when not to?? " I was crushed.

Jun 8, 2016
I too had his pitching video.

You guys have to understand, the legend of Eddie Feigner is huge. As a young aspiring pitcher, when I learned the true nature of the "King and his Court" it was like learning about Santa for me. "You mean he's not REALLY striking someone out behind his back?? You mean the catcher is saying when to swing and when not to?? " I was crushed.
He came to the hometown of my father and did an exhibition there. My father said it was entertaining but the
other team was obviously playing the "Washington Generals" role..maybe you should have contacted my old man so you wouldn't had your dreams crushed.. :p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee