Funny Plays

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2018
I want to hear some funny plays that you have pulled or tried to pull...... did they work?

This weekend we were playing a 14u B tourney and the game is tied 4-4 with 1 out and time starting to get low. We are guest and I have runners on first and third. My DD is on 1st and she is by far the slowest runner on the team, never seems to get out on the bases though cause she knows her body as it were. I am coaching first and tell her to take 2nd but slow jog. (trying to get a throw from the catcher as our fastest girl is on 3rd).... she trotts over to second at a slow jog pace and I see the catcher stand with the ball and literally can't decide whether to throw it or not..... no throw to 2nd.
Later on in the game time is out and we are up 9-4, the next run will make it unreachable..... same situation. first and third with no outs. Same runners on the bases. My DD looks at me and just says "wanna do it again?".... I laugh say sure but "Slower this time" She hits a slow jog to second and half way there starts walking. The pitcher has the ball in the circle and my DD is walking to second. She knows she can't stop as long as the P has the ball. They are staring at each other as my DD walks into 2nd base. I'm just wondering how in the world you don't at least try to throw it to your 2nd baseman back home or something..... but that team was not biting.
After the game my DD went over to the scorekeeper and was trying to get the "defensive indifference" changed to a "steal"

Feb 24, 2022
Not a "game" play, but my daughter was skipping to the batter's box and fell flat on her face a couple of weeks ago. Everyone had a good laugh...and she got a base hit that at bat, so all good!

Jan 28, 2017
Ball off 1st baseman's glove. 1st, 2nd, and pitcher scramble for the ball. 2nd picks it up in her glove and now all 3 running towards first with the runner. 1st baseman gets on the bag. 2nd baseman dives with the ball in her glove and the 1st baseman squeezes her glove around the 2nd baseman's glove. They call the runner out. They start to argue the call and the umpire shrugs and everyone laughs. 14U semifinal and the winner wins the tournament. I happened to walk up. My DD wasn't playing in the game.

May 3, 2018
Couple of years ago, 10u tournament game, DD is pitching. Batter hits a pop up into the sun, daughter loses it, screams, "I can't see it!" Sticks her glove in the air blindly and manages to catch it. The catcher for that game still brings it up every now and again.

Jul 22, 2015
One of my favorite dd plays (of course I don't have video)... Tournament Championship game, last inning, one out, dd playing 1B. Batter hit a foul pop up and dd came charging in and made a shoestring catch. Runner on 2B tagged and watched as dd tried to catch her balance and ended up falling right on her butt. Runner breaks for 3B and dd throws a bullet to 3B from sitting on her rear end and we get the final out to win the championship.

Oct 4, 2018
I want to hear some funny plays that you have pulled or tried to pull...... did they work?

This weekend we were playing a 14u B tourney and the game is tied 4-4 with 1 out and time starting to get low. We are guest and I have runners on first and third. My DD is on 1st and she is by far the slowest runner on the team, never seems to get out on the bases though cause she knows her body as it were. I am coaching first and tell her to take 2nd but slow jog. (trying to get a throw from the catcher as our fastest girl is on 3rd).... she trotts over to second at a slow jog pace and I see the catcher stand with the ball and literally can't decide whether to throw it or not..... no throw to 2nd.
Later on in the game time is out and we are up 9-4, the next run will make it unreachable..... same situation. first and third with no outs. Same runners on the bases. My DD looks at me and just says "wanna do it again?".... I laugh say sure but "Slower this time" She hits a slow jog to second and half way there starts walking. The pitcher has the ball in the circle and my DD is walking to second. She knows she can't stop as long as the P has the ball. They are staring at each other as my DD walks into 2nd base. I'm just wondering how in the world you don't at least try to throw it to your 2nd baseman back home or something..... but that team was not biting.
After the game my DD went over to the scorekeeper and was trying to get the "defensive indifference" changed to a "steal"

If the team let you score 5 runs in the inning and the same girls were on base again, they're obviously not good and we wise to not try to throw to 2B.

Oct 4, 2018
Ball off 1st baseman's glove. 1st, 2nd, and pitcher scramble for the ball. 2nd picks it up in her glove and now all 3 running towards first with the runner. 1st baseman gets on the bag. 2nd baseman dives with the ball in her glove and the 1st baseman squeezes her glove around the 2nd baseman's glove. They call the runner out. They start to argue the call and the umpire shrugs and everyone laughs. 14U semifinal and the winner wins the tournament. I happened to walk up. My DD wasn't playing in the game.

I think the ump got that one right.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee