Freshman Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2019
I see a lot of good. Very powerful swing.

Her head moving forward during/after the weight shift is the only potential issue that I see. This is in part due to the large step forward. In reality, some kids can manage this, but can cause inconsistent contact with others.

Barry Bonds…very quite upper body during weight shift.

George springer - not much head movement forward

Tony Gwynn - more forward head movement

I would minimize the forward movement during/after weight shift, but take my comments with a grain of salt…swing looks really good overall.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I see a lot of good. Very powerful swing.

Her head moving forward during/after the weight shift is the only potential issue that I see. This is in part due to the large step forward. In reality, some kids can manage this, but can cause inconsistent contact with others.

Barry Bonds…very quite upper body during weight shift.

George springer - not much head movement forward

Tony Gwynn - more forward head movement

I would minimize the forward movement during/after weight shift, but take my comments with a grain of salt…swing looks really good overall.

Springer it is. thanks

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
You have any other swings? Kind of looks like she was adjusting to something which came in slower than she expected. Was this at the beginning of her BP?
She got 9 front toss pitches. This was number 6. 66.2 mph exit speed. DW said the (weak) hitter begore her got about 25 pitches trying to find it.

Jun 8, 2016
She got 9 front toss pitches. This was number 6. 66.2 mph exit speed. DW said the (weak) hitter begore her got about 25 pitches trying to find it.
Yes you already said the exit velocity 👍

So is that a no to any other pitches on video? Making an assessment on one swing is probably rash..

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Yes you already said the exit velocity 👍

So is that a no to any other pitches on video? Making an assessment on one swing is probably rash..
There was one other video but I cant view it any longer??? I think this is her typical swing with the head continuing to slide forward after front foot is down. So we are going to try efastpitch advice:

So, 2 easy fixes to toe touch:
1. bat head up 55 deg
2. land on a very bent front leg

And try to look more like George Springer.

Jun 8, 2016
There was one other video but I cant view it any longer??? I think this is her typical swing with the head continuing to slide forward after front foot is down. So we are going to try efastpitch advice:

So, 2 easy fixes to toe touch:
1. bat head up 55 deg
2. land on a very bent front leg

And try to look more like George Springer.
Fair enough. For the record I think she looks pretty good and from what I gather hits well in games so keep up the good work!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Her move forward is a little hard, which then turns into some slack. Losing the corner. Quickness could be better if you remove the slack.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802