Freshman DD first impressions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2015
My DD started college last month not really knowing what to expect. She’s a pitcher, and apparently has made a great first impression.

She got the first start of the fall, and struck out the side in the 1st. The team was fired up to say the least.

So far through a few games she has not given up a run and has only walked 1 with a lot of weak contact and a boat load of Ks.

I managed to find video of the game last Saturday on gamechanger and DD started, went 2 innings with 6Ks, 6 up, 6 down.

Flying out to the East coast this weekend to see her and watch her play (and get a tastee sub), very much looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Too bad that you live on opposite coasts. Have fun this weekend and soak it all in. Go Scarlet Knights!!!

DD's last fall season is underway. Went up to Dallas to watch a practice and the alumni game. I was surprised to see that almost 30 alumni showed up. They play 2-10 inning games this Saturday. Gonna be a long day, but I am going to do my best to love it all.

Sep 3, 2015
Yeah, I get to watch 2 10 inning games too. Against the same team. And no talking to your kid in between games.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Yeah, I get to watch 2 10 inning games too. Against the same team. And no talking to your kid in between games.

DD's new coach is more lenient about parent/player interaction between games which is only a few minutes. During away games, we usually get a few minutes to chat after the last game before they get on the bus. When family comes to watch they try to talk to DD when she is in the on deck circle. I have to tell chatty Uncle Craig to leave her alone when she's on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45