Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2018
Rich helped him get his big contract which worked until pitchers found the holes and umpires started calling the whole strike zone.
Close your eyes.......is the HLP in the room with you?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
TDS

I don’t think Richard has worked with him on any consistent basis. Just here and there. Nothing compared to how much he has worked with Judge.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
May 12, 2016
Interested in what you guys are talking about, but not seeing late and on time. Is there a good example of a hitter being late vs on time. Looks like Sanchez is rushed, but I can’t break it down further than that

May 12, 2016
NM clear in post #48

Did Sanchez rush because he sensed he was behind, or does he always rush like this? Bottom hitter looks like adjusting to off speed, regardless he’s in good position to adjust and do damage

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Would you say this pitch was timed right? Looks like she is late and stomps down on the front side to gain leverage to swing her hands from a lower launch position than she would like. I dont know this hitter, but can't imagine she wouldnt want to get a little more stretched?

If all of that is the case, i believe what you are after is making sure not to lock the hands in a static location to the torso in a more ABAF fashion?

I believe i agree even though i have tried to have my daughter stay static for purposes of keeping her hands higher to help posture. I think her real issue is just not launching the 'hands' in the swing. she allows the core to pull the hands.

The hitter above makes sure to launch the free hands when needed to get to the pitch. My DD launches the core and pulls hands. At least that is my excuse today, may change tomorrow. haha

Oct 2, 2017
the front shoulder going down and in or counter rotating at the forward move. For me personally if the hands gather the swing it’s an automatic. as long as there isn’t a sway over the back leg.

Do you equate sway as in there should not be a negative move or are you meaning as in getting over the rear leg and being stuck there?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom