Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not only posture, but also using the hands to laser the ball with the knob. When done properly, TTB can handle any pitch location. But it is often misunderstood and overbaked.

I think this about all pitches. The hands direct the body to the ball. posture conforms to the task Of the hands. It’s a no teach if the energy flow is right and the body is balanced imo.

May 12, 2016
Well now you have. he says it the video I provided. ‘I know it sounds weird, but I try to hit this into the ground’. I think the only way to do that is by swinging down. Right?

as far as Vladdy and Bo swings being the same. thats not what I was saying. I’m saying their paths are similar. they both get the lead arm up and are direct. that is a chopping motion. Do you not agree? There is more than one way to get the desired path. Tewks found it. But didn’t know he found it. He still might not know he found it. LOL. He seems so tied up in his ’own’ intellect at times to realize things.
Like I mentioned, in that drill yes he's trying to stay on top of the ball. There is a couple of ways of hitting the ball into the ground, one chop down, two top it. I do not see Bichette chopping down on the ball like the way Bonds explains it in his drill. Regardless of that one drill, Bo's swing is turning behind and through, like Dante and Dante Jr illustrates. Vladdy is "more" direct, compact, straight to. There paths are a little different, Vladdy is a little more steep.. JMHO

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think this about all pitches. The hands direct the body to the ball. posture conforms to the task Of the hands. It’s a no teach if the energy flow is right and the body is balanced imo.

I have no issue with that thought process, but really try not to get too involved in what directs what. Just hit the ball ;)

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Like I mentioned, in that drill yes he's trying to stay on top of the ball. There is a couple of ways of hitting the ball into the ground, one chop down, two top it. I do not see Bichette chopping down on the ball like the way Bonds explains it in his drill. Regardless of that one drill, Bo's swing is turning behind and through, like Dante and Dante Jr illustrates. Vladdy is "more" direct, compact, straight to. There paths are a little different, Vladdy is a little more steep.. JMHO

Yea, I don't see his swing that way.. It looks like his hands go back (stay back) as his weight shifts forward and then swings "down to". Unless I am not understanding turning behind and through you're talking about.

CpxqJYA.gif

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I have no issue with that thought process, but really try not to get too involved in what directs what. Just hit the ball ;)

I find if you leave a kid to their own devices. you won’t get quite what you’re looking for. flying front side, back hip turn, pushing leg, casting hands, collapsed back side Etc. etc. But if that works for you more power to you. 😉

May 12, 2016
Yea, I don't see his swing that way.. It looks like his hands go back (stay back) as his weight shifts forward and then swings "down to". Unless I am not understanding turning behind and through you're talking about.

CpxqJYA.gif
you see the same thing in both these swings?

May 12, 2016
I see more chop, down to, swinging down, direct in Vladdy's swing than Bichette's. I see Bichette turning behind ball more, TTB, as per his dad's/Bro's instruction.
gif (32).gifgif (33).gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
you see the same thing in both these swings?

No I would say Bo's swing is staying back (more connected I guess), while Vlad his hands are coming forward more.. Do you know what pitches these were and the count ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom